JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Can YOU Draw Comfort From Jesus' Last Song?

Probably his last song...according to the following Watchtower article:  Music That Pleases God — Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY (jw.org)

This would have been sung the night before his death...and out of all the verses that were sung that night from Psalms 113 to Psalms 118...I thought I would zero in on two of the verses in Chapter 118...verses 10 and 11 this evening:

"All the nations surrounded me, But in the name of Jehovah, I warded them off.11 They surrounded me, yes, I was completely surrounded, But in the name of Jehovah, I warded them off."

My dear brothers and sisters...I have this note written in my Bible...and I wanted to share it with you. I know that each and every one of you KNOW this...but we are frail human beings...and as an elder pointed out to me in service this morning...no matter how much we TRY to do right...we always revert to the negative as humans...it's simply ingrained in our imperfect flesh.

With that in mind...please take this note as it was meant when I originally penned it...please FEEL each and every single word...because it applies directly to YOU!

"Even if, like King David...we were suddenly to find ALL of Satan's system against us...surrounding us...enveloping us in a choking grasp that cuts off our very last gasp of breath...THEY CANNOT HINDER THE PRESENCE OF ALMIGHTY GOD! THEY are flesh...puny, tiny, frail...insignificant...PATHETIC...but Jehovah...Jehovah our God is SPIRIT...He is IMMORTAL...INVINCIBLE...and he will NEVER fail to rescue those who put their trust in him."

Knowing that the words of these verses and these chapters passed his lips the night before he was treated to such a cruel and horrible death...it helps me to know that I can endure whatever is thrown my way...because even if I have to pass away on this side of Armageddon...it shows me that Jesus knew one thing with absolute certainty...Jehovah WILL re-create us on the other side. 

Otherwise...why would he have said he was able to ward off his enemies in the name of Jehovah...when he KNEW he was about to endure such an agonizing death? 

Friends...my dear brothers and sisters...to each and every one of you: Jehovah has your back...all he asks in return is that each of us does our best to imitate his Son NOW...by putting our complete and full trust in him NOW...because it really doesn't matter in what CONDITION we make it into the new system...what matters is that we're there.

Can anyone else find anything in Jesus' last song that touches their heart? I would love to hear them...because if it was important enough for God's Son to sing these words the night before his death...I definitely want to spend time meditating on them.

Edited by Timl1980

*** w00 6/1 p. 27 Music That Pleases God ***
Jesus and his faithful apostles sang praises to Jehovah on the night before Jesus’ death, doubtless intoning the words of the Hallel Psalms. (Psalms 113-118) How this must have strengthened Jesus’ disciples to face up to the loss of their Master! More than that, their resolve to remain faithful servants of the Supreme Sovereign of the universe, Jehovah, must have deepened as they five times sang the refrain “for his loving-kindness is to time indefinite.”—Psalm 118:1-4, 29.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2000406&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=8