JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Monday, April 15 Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down, but a good word cheers it up.​—Prov. 12:25.

Monday, April 15

Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs it down, but a good word cheers it up.—Prov. 12:25.

On their return visit to Lystra, Iconium, and Antioch, the apostle Paul and Barnabas “appointed elders for them in each congregation.” (Acts 14:21-23) No doubt those appointed men proved to be a source of comfort to the congregations, as the elders are today. Elders, be alert to help those who may need “a good word” of encouragement. Paul reminded fellow worshippers that in Jehovah’s strength, “a great cloud of witnesses” had endured hardships. (Heb. 12:1) Paul understood how the life stories of those in the past who successfully endured all kinds of hardships could infuse his brothers and sisters with courage and help them keep focused on the “city of the living God.” (Heb. 12:22) The same is true today. Who has not been strengthened when reading about how Jehovah helped Gideon, Barak, David, Samuel, and many others?—Heb. 11:32-35. w22.08 21-22 ¶5-6

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Note the comments made by a brother named Bryant: “When I turned 15,” he says, “my father left home and my mother was disfellowshipped. I felt abandoned and discouraged.” What helped Bryant to endure this difficult time? He says: “Tony, an elder, talked with me at meetings and at other times. He told me about those who had faced trials and yet were happy. He shared Psalm 27:10 with me and often spoke about Hezekiah, who served faithfully even though his father was not a good example.” What effect did this practical help have on Bryant? “With Tony’s encouragement,” says Bryant, “I eventually began a satisfying career in full-time service.” Elders, be alert to help those who, like Bryant, may need “a good word” of encouragement.—Prov. 12:25. (w22 August p. 21-22) https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2022525#h=11

A good illustration, the brothers emphasized with a new song starting at 49:05. The sister's parents have grown cold to the truth. Where does she find comfort? (JW Broadcasting—April 2024) https://www.jw.org/en/library/videos/#en/mediaitems/StudioMonthlyPrograms/pub-jwb-111_1_VIDEO

Edited by Andrey