JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I don't know, but personally, I've never been dogmatic about entertainment. As the old medieval European expression goes, "The end justifies the means."

I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness and have been loyal all my life. I've always adhered to the principle that "this honors Jehovah."

I'd rather watch something with a bit of violence or mild sexual allusions in a movie than watch something like the Eurovision Song Contest or Idol, which I find morally, culturally, and intellectually frivolous. To me, these shows represent a "low point."

My conscience is not governed by rules but by principles and common sense.

I'm glad we can decide for ourselves how to interact with our intelligence, reason, conscience, culture, and loyalty.

The whole world can feel like one rotten movie that cannot be avoided in this satanic age.

If I happen to see something very immoral, I simply don't watch it. But the little exposure I do get doesn’t bother me; in fact, I find it tragically laughable. Why would I want to watch strangers have sex? It doesn't enrich my life. It has as much entertainment value to me as staring at a wall for two hours—completely pointless. However, if such content bothers you, it's wise to avoid it like the plague. Personally, I don't mind if there are certain immoral elements in some films. I rarely watch films with such content, but if it appears, it usually serves the context of the story.

I mostly watch documentaries of various kinds. Maybe I'm a bit old-fashioned, but I find much of today's film offerings terribly pointless and unreal. Still, I respect those who enjoy them.

I look forward to the day when such things will disappear in paradise and Jehovah's will prevails.

I've never been drawn to science fiction, Jane Austen movies, or mainstream Hollywood films, except for a few classics. I prefer dramas and films based on true stories, especially those about human destinies or war dramas (not war films). I appreciate enriching European films that deeply touch you.

To me, sports are like opium for the people, though I know other Witnesses who love and enjoy sports.

Tragically, my wife and I often spend an hour trying to find a movie to watch on Netflix. After that hour, we usually end up not finding anything entertaining and instead sit with our own screens watching documentaries on YouTube ... hehe.