JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Monday, September 30 Keep close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah.​—2 Pet. 3:12.

Monday, September 30

Keep close in mind the presence of the day of Jehovah.—2 Pet. 3:12.

Ask yourself: ‘Does my way of life show that I understand how close we are to the end of this system of things? Do my decisions regarding education and employment show that serving Jehovah is the most important thing in my life? Do I have faith that Jehovah will provide for me and my family?’ Think how pleased Jehovah is when he sees us bringing our life into harmony with his will. (Matt. 6:25-27, 33; Phil. 4:12, 13) We need to examine our thinking regularly and follow through by making any necessary adjustments. Paul told the Corinthians: “Keep testing whether you are in the faith; keep proving what you yourselves are.” (2 Cor. 13:5) So we need to keep making our mind over by reading God’s Word, learning to think as he thinks, and then doing whatever is necessary to bring ourselves in line with Jehovah’s will.—1 Cor. 2:14-16. w23.01 9 ¶5-6

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Human beings, remarkable in their capacity for thought and decision-making, are constantly faced with choices—choices that shape not only their lives but also the future they seek. For those with a spiritual focus, these decisions take on a deeper meaning. Education, employment, and lifestyle become much more than practical necessities; they are reflections of a higher trust, an expression of faith that life is guided by something greater than immediate concerns. As Jesus himself said, ‘Stop being anxious about your life,’ for just as Jehovah provides for the birds and the flowers, so will He provide for those who seek His Kingdom first. (Matthew 6:25-27, 33)

There is a quiet, almost invisible interplay between planning and faith. While planning is, of course, a natural part of life, a spiritual individual understands that not all outcomes are within their control. Here, we see the beauty of trust in action. It is in letting go of the need for absolute certainty that one finds freedom—a freedom that allows them to step forward without fear, knowing that a greater hand is at work in the details of their life. This raises a vital question: how much of our journey is directed by our own will, and how much are we allowing to be guided? As the apostle Paul demonstrated, whether in times of abundance or need, true contentment comes from relying on the strength that Jehovah supplies. (Philippians 4:12, 13)

One may wonder: what truly defines a successful life? In the world we live in, success is often measured by material wealth or social status. But beneath that, there lies a deeper kind of success, one that cannot be seen in possessions or titles. True fulfillment comes not from accumulation, but from harmony—harmony between one’s actions and their spiritual convictions. Am I nurturing a heart of contentment? This is a question that cuts to the core of what it means to live well, for it shifts the focus from what one owns to how one feels about their place in the world.

The process of refining one’s life is not a single, monumental event. It is a constant, ongoing task, much like the rhythm of the natural world—a series of adjustments, a continual alignment with what matters most. Individuals must regularly pause and reflect on whether their path still aligns with their higher purpose, recalibrating when necessary. ‘Keep testing whether you are in the faith; keep proving what you yourselves are,’ as Paul urged the Corinthians. (2 Corinthians 13:5) This, in itself, is a practice of growth.

Ultimately, it is not perfection that we seek, but progress—a slow, steady movement toward living in harmony with the values we hold dear. Each decision we make, no matter how small, is an opportunity to reflect something larger than ourselves. And in that, we find a life of purpose, a life of meaning.

Great Text to meditate on.