Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Project Assistance?


Recommended Posts

Hi Brothers and Sisters. I'm looking for some assistance with a personal project that I am working on. What I'm trying to do is make it easier for myself and others to play Kingdom Melodies on the guitar. The organization has provided the information, I'm simply looking for a way to present it in a more functional way.

 

The base is going to be Sing out Joyfully to Jehovah (sjjsm_e) PDF. This version has not only the chord symbols but also a capo'd version to make it easier to play along with a guitar. There are a few steps that I would like to accomplish. 

 

The first is removing the chord symbols of the conflict with a capo'd version. For example, song #1; the piano chords would start with F, C, Dm, and C. While the capo'd chords would be D, A, Bm, A, relative to the capo. For songs without a capo'd version, nothing needs to be done. But for songs with both options, I would like to remove the un-capo'd lines to make it easier to follow along.

 

I attempted this with AI, and it did a fairly good job. But it's not perfect, some lines were missed. I can edit out the lines that were missed but I want to do some more edits and I'm not sure Chat GPT is up to the task. 

 

Ultimately, I would like to further edit the PDF so that choruses follow each verse so I don't have to scroll up and down while playing. There are also some other viewability issues that I would like to address.

 

This is really beyond my ability, so I thought I'd reach out here to see if anyone had any suggestions on how to accomplish this project, or point me to a tool that could help. 

 

Thank you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, thelurker said:

Ultimately, I would like to further edit the PDF so that choruses follow each verse so I don't have to scroll up and down while playing.

 

This comment seems to indicate that you are playing from your screen.

 

I would print out the PDF with whatever changes you want, and then play from the printed music.

 

50 years ago I knew all of the theocratic songs pretty well. Back when we had live music at assemblies & conventions, I was in charge of that for the events in our area.

 

I do not remember all of the songs by song number (like I used to 50 years ago), but I do not remember any that would go past two pages when printed out. Two pages fit side by side very easily on an inexpensive music stand.

 

As to your preference on chord progressions, and which ones sound better to you, that is entirely a matter of your personal choice. When we were playing for assemblies & conventions, we felt obligated to follow the music as written. But, 50 years ago the songbook did not have chords indicated. For those, like myself, who liked to play from a "fake book" with just melody line and chord notations, it was a matter of going through each song, note by note, to determine what chord the notes represented.

 

I have also wondered about a few of the newer songs where the final chord indicated was not what one would typically expect for a song in a certain key. But then I must remember that I am leterally "a child of the previous century" and my musical taste may not be as current as the taste of younger ones.

 

Thanks,

 

Jim 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation with your brothers and sisters!


You can post now, and then we will take you to the membership application. If you are already a member, sign in now to post with your existing account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)