JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3512 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Today's text contains comments about how ones use their leisure time, and how to try and

show consideration to our mates when our choices differ. In harmony with that, I thought it

would be interesting to ask how various ones of you enjoy using your leisure time, and how

you have worked out conflicts in your family if your spouse or children differ as to what they

want to do ?

GStorrs46

I haven't really had true leisure time in a long time. We own a small farm and have our own business. My husband also works outside the home. There is no one to care for our animals if we wanted to go somewhere. My sister and sister in law kindly helped while my daughter and I went to the International Convention. I would love leisure time but rarely have any. For me mainly it is reading a few pages of a book before going to sleep, or spending a bit of time on here. Occasionally we will catch a cheap movie at the theatre near us, or my husband will download a movie and we will watch together... but that doesn't happen too often either. Since we got the goats (milk for the soapmaking business.. and to drink) we have not been on a vacation. But then we could never really afford vacations anyway :D  How about you Michael? I really liked todays text. Even in our organization I find true respect for mates and true compassion and forgiveness lacking. Imperfection is hard on us as is influence from this wicked world we must live in. I will be glad when it is done.

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

Before I lost my leg I loved to go up to one or the other of local lakes and parks we have in our area.

I personally love the outdoors. Since I am not married, I am not at present faced as much with the issues

talked about in todays text. But I found that such an interesting question to think about, and how families

who do face those issues have learned best to deal with conflicts of interest..

Also besides trying to keep up with personal study, and enjoying the association here on JWTalk I love

to have my father, sister and her little daughter over for a meal. Heather's daughter, named Isla, has recently

started walking. And she has had her teeth coming in. Last time I went over Dad's for supper she was eating

an ear of corn on the cob. She was so cute eating her corn. I also have some friends I am able to have

over. These are some of the things that give me a great deal of joy at this time.

GStorrs46

Thank goodness I married someone like me in that respect. We're generally always on the same page with leisure time. We're always together. We carpool to and from work together, we have lunch daily together, we do everything together. The only time we're not together is the 8 hours we work. We also haven't been a night apart in 11 years. So yeah we're very much on the same page usually. I'm not a sit down and eat or movie kind of person... but she is. So I make sure I take her out on a date lunch or night. We're trying to get out of the house more though. 

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

I will come here to read new contents when I have leisure time. Anyway, I almost have 10 pages of unread new contents here... How to digest those all? The pages will become more and more day by day... And, it's quite a pressure to finish it all LOL... I know I don't have to read it all, but I felt guilty if I always see many pages in my new contents... Weird feeling, LOL...

Happily our organisation only publish what's new weekly... I am afraid I will be overwhelmed if it's daily...

I also like to do spa both in my own house by myself or go to spa center...

:bouncing:

Leisure Time?!?!?!  What is that?

Between my working schedule, and my husband's work schedule and his duties at the Congregation, and my 17 and 16 yr old's crazy schedule's, leisure time is something I crave, lol.

Fortunately, my family and I pretty much like alot of the same stuff.  There are some things we don't always agree on.  For instance, movies.  My daughter and I are women and like certain kinds of movies that my husband and son do not like. Often we just do movies separately.  My husband/son will see their guy movies and my daughter and I will see our chick flicks, lol.  Saves alot of problems.

I enjoy museums and visiting historical sites which my husband really, really does not like.  He will go with me though, not always, but he will go at times.  Next month he and I are flying to Austin TX to visit a museum that is having an exhibit I want to see.  We will fly out in the early morning, visit the museum and have dinner in Austin, then fly home that night.  This is a big deal for him as I said, he does not like museums.  We are leaving kids at home that day.

My entire family enjoys hiking.  So that is something we can do when the weather is nice.  Lots of state parks where we live, so going hiking for a day is something we like to do.

My husband and I also enjoy going out to dinner just the two of us.  Gives us a chance to catch up with each other.

It's harder to do stuff with our kids as they are older now and they have their own social lives, so my husband and I are doing more stuff with each other these days which is nice.  All the years of taking the kids everywhere we went are behind us, and we have some couple time now.  

I want to thank all who have taken the time to make posts in this thread. As I said I thought this was such an

interesting topic in our daily text that it would make an interesting point for discussion here on JWTalk, as we

each expressed what at times can be a real challenge that all families face. That is the reason I placed it in the

public viewing  part of our forum, that it might be an encouragement to any who might be exploring this website.

Also your comments might be an encouragement to help others to join JWTalk. That is how I became a member.

First by reading the public parts of the forum and deciding that it would be something that would be of benefit

to me, as well as something that I could help others to benefit from as well. With that said I hope others will yet

be moved to add their particular experiences to this thread. We welcome one and all !

GStorr46