This is a chart I have made in order to assist me for my personal Bible Study (this is in french).
It gives the chronology from Saul to the last prophet of the Hebrew Scriptures, namely Malaki.
Regarding the colors :
- The kings are blue, red, or white.
Blue means good kings
Red means bad kings
White is a period of unfaithfulness due to a sin or a condemnation from Jehovah
- The prophets are green, orange, gold or silver.
Green means prophets that didn't write a book with their own message (example : Oded, Elijah, and so on)
Orange means prophets in Israel that did write a book bearing their name (Amos, Hoshea)
Gold means prophets in Judah that did write a book bearing their name
Silver means prophets in captivity (Daniel, Ezekiel)
- The great characters after the exile to Babylon are in blue
- The high priests are in purple
- The kings of other empires are in grey (Assyria, Babylon, etc)
- The main events regarding the kingdom are in black (-997 split of the kingdom, -740 assyria takes Israel, -732 assyria circles jerusalem, -607 destruction of Jerusalem, -537 the people restores the capital city).
I hope it will help you.
Do not hesitate to ask questions or to tell me if there is something wrong.