JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Discussion Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GrumpysWife

Wednesday, December 5 All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial.​—2 Tim. 3:16.

Wednesday, December 5

All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial.—2 Tim. 3:16.

Some portions of the Bible were initially directed to one individual or group. That is why, before reading God’s Word, we do well to pray for an open mind and for wisdom to discern the lessons that Jehovah wants us to learn. (Ezra 7:10; Jas. 1:5) As you read a Bible passage, take time to pause and ask yourself such questions as these: ‘What does this tell me about Jehovah? How can I apply this information in my life? How can I use it to help others?’ When we reflect on such questions, we will surely get more out of our Bible reading. As an example, think about the Scriptural qualifications for Christian elders. (1 Tim. 3:2-7) Since the majority of us do not serve as elders, we might initially think that this passage would have little application to our own life. However, this list of qualifications can benefit all of us in a number of ways. w16.05 5:7, 8