JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Spirit of Confrontation Strikes Again...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3915 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-08-03/news/ct-met-kass-0802-20130803_1_butcher-type-kitchen-knife-park-forest-police-taser

"...according to Maria Oliva, an executive with Pathway Senior Living, the staff was kept out of the room after police arrived.  So there was no imminent threat to staff.

"The staff was not inside once the police were on the scene," Oliva told us. "At different times the staff were in there, but not when they were called.  They (the police) were in charge at that point."

Police said there had been threats made against the staff.  But Grapsas said he was told that staff begged to be allowed to try to calm down the old man..."

The world is on a hair-trigger.  Authorities and citizens alike are armed to the teeth.  This can only get worse.  And just think, the Great Tribulation hasn't even started yet.

Stay safe...

Agape'

I saw this story and I was horrified!  95 years old and he attacked the staff?  Even the staff said he didn't do anything to them, he was probably upset over something and was trying to ask a question, and he got the riot police!  Unbelievable, but not impossible!  Yes, this is how to get people into subjection.   I can't say where I read this story, but an elderly man and his wife (in his home) he fell, and she called for help, police came, rushed into the house, tasered the man.  They said he had a gun in his hand.  It was a T.V. remote control.  So...let's just supposed, one of us is out in service, and some nut case calls these riot squad police officers ... they see you or I holding a small black or red thing in our hands (our Bible), I guess we should be prepared to be shot at or tasered or even be killed.  Its going to be a wild and wooly ride to the end of this ungodly, uncaring, unloving world.  Fasten your seat belts (secured) we are all in for an extreme bumpy ride!  One that we will never forget!

Yes, I couldn't agree more and the media isn't helping.  It some times sounds as if they want the general public incited to a mob mentality.  Keep society at each others' throats, white against black, gay against straight, threaten to take the public's guns at the same time that you're supplying gun retailers so guns can fly off the shelves.  This can only end very badly.

Remember the motto Jesus uttered to Peter - "He that lives by the sword will die by the sword.  There are plenty of "swords" going around for every man, woman and child, younger then 5, handling guns, knives, and whatever else they an get their hands on.