JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wet foot in service

Last Saturday I had a little dog pee on my foot! Young lady opened the door, trying to hold two little dogs back. One came out and jumped up on my leg. I bent over to grab her collar (and sneak in a little petting), when she dribbled on my foot. Of course I was wearing sandals....

I asked the lady for a wet paper towel, then sat down on a chair on the porch and cleaned up as well as I could. Both my partner (who by now was holding my bible and magazine folder) just stood and watched, until I suggested to my partner to please go ahead. She did her presentation, and by the time she needed her hands free to open her bible, I was beside her again to take my stuff back from her (she placed the mags).

After, I did a few more doors while working to meet up with our husbands, then asked them to take me somewhere where I could clean up better. Went to a coffee shop and washed my foot and sandal in the sink. My girls were still very interested in my foot and sandal when I came home, so I washed everthing again, and sprayed disinfectant on the sandal. They don't sniff at the sandal any longer, but I still feel weird/grossed out wearing them (and they are so comfortable!!)

Besided that, it was a really nice service morning.

Join the conversation with your brothers and sisters!

You can post now, and then we will take you to the membership application. If you are already a member, sign in now to post with your existing account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.