JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

And a Stranger Tries to Join Us

Well I got my first registration today from a person who put down as a referrer the name of someone who is not a member here.

I wonder how he found his way here.

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

That's odd because the forum is hidden and we don't go inviting anyone. I wonder if he was trying to SPAM. That is the majority of them. He'd probably try to sell us Bibles or something.

You're allowed to invite other brothers and sisters if you want. We don't want any links on web pages pointing this way though so strangers don't come knocking at our door like they just did.

I can't see it being anyone wanting to sell Bibles, because for those on the outside not logged in, there is not a hint of this having anything to do with religion.

I checked the server logs and the only link to here that isn't from a web based email server is from a social anxiety site, but I cannot find it.

I'm gonna see if this guy is on facebook.

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

So I found him on facebook. We have no mutual friends. Then I searched for his referrer. The referrer and I are not friends, but we have 3 mutual friends, 2 of them are members here too.

I had sent him an email the day he tried to register informing him that his referrer was not a member here. He hasn't responded. It could very well be likely that he is a witness too.

Anyhow, to all members here, please do not post links to this site on your webpages, profiles, blogs, etc, so that this place can remain private. And please do not forward the download links to other people, because then they climb the directory tree, find the forum, and try to join. My theory is that my newsletter was forwarded to other people. Please do not do that either, unless the person qualifies for membership here.

- Bob