JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Better Than A Watch Dog

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3877 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Parakeet foils robbery at neighbor's house

Florida parakeet foils robbery at neighbor's house

This is one suspect who ran afowl of the law.

Emerald, a 21-year-old parakeet perched in Florida, helped foil a break-in at a neighbor's home by squawking louder than normal, making owner Suzette Beesley realize that something was wrong, MyFoxTampaBay.com reported. 

Beesley took a look outside her Tampa nest and saw some birdbrain trying to burglarize her neighbor's house. 

Beesley told MyFoxTampaBay.com that she called 911, while Emerald kept a watchful eye from his cage. 

Hillsborough County Sheriff deputies surrounded the neighbor's house and reportedly tackled Hans Christensen, 31, as he tried to get away. 

"We pretty much don't have a watchdog, but we have a watch bird for the neighborhood," Beesley told MyFoxTampaBay.com.  Christensen, who is being charged with burglary and grand theft, may wind up in a cage of his own.

This makes me laugh as my parrot lets me know someone is at the door before they even knock. I've had people say we stopped by and heard you but you didn't come to the door.

Haha was my parrot mimicking me :)

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

I have a friend that has a parrot when I go to the door and knock I hear "come in" I never know if it is the bird are not funny .

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

LOL don't we love Jehovah's creation!   I put this story in here, because on the other forum's like the serious stuff, I got tired of reading the news, seeing the horrible headlines (Syria gas), and then I saw this story.  I read it and it made me laugh!  We need to laugh sometimes and this was a good one.  Glad you all like it, hope it made your day! 

• 2 weeks later...

This is so funny. We had friends in LA who had a blue fronted Amazon who had a great command of the English language. He just did't say random things but he could interject things into conversations that made you think he was actually responding to you.

Anyway, this couple (yes witnesses) had a dinner party and when everyone retired to the living area the bird started saying things like 'ohhh, baby' 'yes,baby, yes,yes,yes' 'darling I love you'--he really was putting a lot of emphasis on just the right words. Anyway, one of the brothers goes 'well I guess that answers my question what have you two been doing' . Everyone was hysterical and our poor sister said to her husband to please roll his cage out to the patio. She said they had bought this beautiful antique cage and put it in the bay window of their bedroom and before long had to relocate him to the living area. I think they waited too long.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!