JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Listening to audio-books

bohemian

Now that more and more Watchtower publications are available as mp3 recordings, I wondered if anyone listens to other audio-books too.

I read occasionally for librivox.org, which produces amateur audio-books of public domain works. The blind, obviously, benefit greatly from having books read to them, but many other people do too. These are not professionally produced and are available for free download.

There is a vast quantity of literature already available, including several Bible translations (and other religious works!), but many classic novels are there too.

The catalogue is at http://librivox.org/newcatalog/

There may be something of interest. (Of course, caution is needed as there are some books definitely unsuitable for Christians, just as there are in any library!)

Now that more and more Watchtower publications are available as mp3 recordings, I wondered if anyone listens to other audio-books too.

I used to listen to making money books on buying and selling real estate years ago, as that is something that I wanted to do. Most of it was either uninformative (they were just selling books, not actually property) or the methods discussed were nearly impossible to implement.

I don't have time. When I need a break from the magazines, I listen to music. From time to time, I will pull out Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables (which is my favorite), or Jesus Christ Superstar, or the like. I am a big musical fan.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I think it is because I am at home all day that I find time to read audio-books!

I read Jerome K Jerome's "Idle Thoughts Of An Idle Fellow", a whimsical, amusing series of short essays, ( http://www.archive.org/details/idle_thoughts_librivox ) and a section of Charles Dickens' "Nicholas Nickleby". I also read a book of early detective stories by Robert Barr. ( http://www.archive.org/details/triumphs_eugene_valmont_librivox )

It is encouraging to see they have been downloaded thousands of times.

I listen to music quite a lot and have been very interested in hifi all my life. Opera I love, musicals don't do it for me in quite the same way. My favourite composer is Aaron Copland!