JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Heavy rainfall heading once more for flooded Colorado

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3883 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Clear skies allowed for more evacuations and rescues in flood-devastated Colorado on Friday, but the forecast through Sunday called for more heavy rain. Even after the last of the storms, authorities can't say how long it will take to reach residents who will remain isolated by devastated roads. The confirmed death toll reached four when Boulder County officials recovered the body of a woman who had been swept away after getting out of her vehicle Thursday, Sheriff Joe Pelle said. Authorities already had recovered the body of a man who left the same car and tried to save the woman.

One other death had been reported in Boulder County and one occurred in El Paso County. President Barack Obama declared an emergency for Boulder, Larimer and El Paso counties, FEMA announced Friday. The declaration allowed FEMA to bring in four rescue teams, the largest ever deployment in Colorado, officials said. More heavy rain is forecast through Sunday for the region, on top of the 15 inches some parts of the state have already received. "This isn't over," CNN meteorologist Chad Myers said.

On Friday, National Guard troops using "high-profile" trucks to wade through water were evacuating the entire Boulder County town of Lyons, which had been cut off since the flooding began Wednesday night. "It just really felt like God came down and saved us. It felt great," Melinda Villa said of the National Guard's arrival at the Lyons apartment where she was stranded with her 1- month-old infant. She said, "I just felt like I was trapped. No phone, no water, barely any formula for my baby, barely any food for us."

To read full article: .http://m.cnn.com/primary/cnnd_fullarticle?articleId=cnn/2013/09/13/us/flooding-colorado&branding=&category=cnnd_us&pagesize=10

Edited by Musky

Has anyone in here heard from our spiritual families in the hardest hit areas?  I checked JW.ORG, but there was nothing there yet.  Hope a lot of you are okay, or at least safe someplace!  Let us know how any of you are doing? The C.O's and D,O's along with your elders will make a report.   And I heard Mexico got hit too with a hurricane cyclone and they had a lot of mud slides, and homes were lost.  Keep such ones in our prayers to Jehovah.