JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Iced in, Just want to say thanks to all of you!

We are about 45 to 50 miles East of Cartersville. So, they are probably having the same kind of fun we are! I haven't heard of any major power outages or anything, for which we are very grateful. That is always the fear when we have an ice storm. This time the trees and power lines did not get coated with ice, just the roads. It thaws slightly during the day and then refreezes at night so it is keeping a layer of ice over them. It's not supposed to really warm up until Friday.

We are about 45 to 50 miles East of Cartersville. So, they are probably having the same kind of fun we are! I haven't heard of any major power outages or anything, for which we are very grateful. That is always the fear when we have an ice storm. This time the trees and power lines did not get coated with ice, just the roads. It thaws slightly during the day and then refreezes at night so it is keeping a layer of ice over them. It's not supposed to really warm up until Friday.

We got a few inches today, but nothing all that bad.

It always seems strange when I read about the southern states getting hammered with snow.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

we haven't had any snow for a week or so now...the forecast is rain...I liked the snow... because we do not have it that often...and I had food in the cupboard and heat...it is very beautiful to look at...but I feel so sorry for homeless people and stray animals...

Yep we're snowed in as well. Which is a little frustrating actually. We were supposed to have our CO visit this week, but our Tuesday meeting was canceled and from what it looks like Thursdays will be canceled too. Hopefully it clears up soon!

23179=745-Monday, Jan 10 2011 Georgia.jp This is the house next door to us on Monday morning. We continued to get snow for the rest of that morning, then it turned to freezing rain. We got 6 or 7 inches, plus a layer of ice. According to the weather channel, it is not supposed to get above freezing until the weekend.

Come on down to Georgia, you'll see some!

I was born in La Grande, OR, lived there until I was 10 or so. We moved from there to MI, then to TN. That was many years ago, and I'm not dealing with the cold as well as I did back then. Sure not used to it after twenty years in GA. All our meetings are canceled, and service. So I really appreciate having you all to talk to. The family is here, and so far we are doing fine, we have our Family Worship evening today, which will be nice. But, a tiny bit of cabin fever has begun to set in. There are 3 children, 14, 11 and 8, their mom, who is our daughter, my husband and our youngest son. We also have two dogs, Mango and Peaches, a cat, Mr. Bill, two tarantulas, Hairy-it and Count Fangula, several fish, a frog, who just had a name change and I can't remember it, and a ball python named (of course) Monty. So, there is no boredom here!

Here it was pretty cold at the end of dezember and first days of january, but since the weekend it's getting warmer everyday, we had 7° Celsius this morning (I think 45° F), many people are suffering from headaches because of the sudden change in the weather (from - 10°C to + 7°)

This is the house next door to us on Monday morning. We continued to get snow for the rest of that morning, then it turned to freezing rain. We got 6 or 7 inches, plus a layer of ice. According to the weather channel, it is not supposed to get above freezing until the weekend.

Beautiful house and snow scene. Are you near Blue Ridge? We rented a cabin there in September. Was amazing!

23217=753-image (36).jpg

23217=754-Oesterlars.jpg

23217=755-Vestermarie.jpg Well this is on Bornholm, (Denmark) where I live. We have sofar had 3 thursday evenings that had to be canceled as the police advised that all people should stay at home, as it was to dangerous to go out. Ofcourse we obey. We had 150 cm of snow here in December 2010. We've never seen so much snow here in such a short time. Our island was closed off, and some people had been stuck in their houses from 23 to 30 december. The storms are the worst, where the snow gets replaced all the time, as that closed the roads off, immidiately after the trucks had cleaned it. Well, the snow that I moved to the back of our garden, was a pile of app. 175cm. It now still is a pile of 135cm.

jworg1.jpg.fbee44f18d05bd7fd5a2c3c8110f64c6.jpg  "When I am afraid, I put my trust in you."—Ps. 56:3

23217=753-image (36).jpg

23217=754-Oesterlars.jpg

23217=755-Vestermarie.jpg Well this is on Bornholm' date=' (Denmark) where I live. We have sofar had 3 thursday evenings that had to be canceled as the police advised that all people should stay at home, as it was to dangerous to go out. Ofcourse we obey. We had 150 cm of snow here in December 2010. We've never seen so much snow here in such a short time. Our island was closed off, and some people had been stuck in their houses from 23 to 30 december. The storms are the worst, where the snow gets replaced all the time, as that closed the roads off, immidiately after the trucks had cleaned it. Well, the snow that I moved to the back of our garden, was a pile of app. 175cm. It now still is a pile of 135cm.[/quote'] Oh, my! That is indeed a snow storm! What beautiful scenery!

This is the house next door to us on Monday morning. We continued to get snow for the rest of that morning, then it turned to freezing rain. We got 6 or 7 inches, plus a layer of ice. According to the weather channel, it is not supposed to get above freezing until the weekend.

Beautiful house and snow scene. Are you near Blue Ridge? We rented a cabin there in September. Was amazing!

It really is beautiful there, especially in the fall. The colors are incredible. We are about 65 miles South of Blue Ridge. A few years ago we stayed in Ellijay, which is just a few miles South of Blue Ridge.

It really is beautiful there, especially in the fall. The colors are incredible. We are about 65 miles South of Blue Ridge. A few years ago we stayed in Ellijay, which is just a few miles South of Blue Ridge.

Yes, we passed through there. We have friends in Suwanee and Lawrenceville congregations. Is that your circuit?

Yes, we passed through there. We have friends in Suwanee and Lawrenceville congregations. Is that your circuit?

We have relatives in Suwanee. Do you know the Coles?

They are in different circuit. We have relatives in Suwanee. Do you know the Coles?

Hi -

I'll ask my friends - Russ and Angela if they know them, Small World!

Agape,

Chris

They are in different circuit. We have relatives in Suwanee. Do you know the Coles?

:sunshine:We have been unable to leave our house since Sunday, having contact with all of you is truly an encouragement!

hi wanda! just checking in on you to see if things are any better weather wise.

Thanks so much for asking! We finally warmed up enough to get rid of all the ice, kids are back in school and we're back to work. Was especially nice to be back in the Kingdome Hall...>:D<

:sunshine:We have been unable to leave our house since Sunday, having contact with all of you is truly an encouragement!

Thanks so much for asking! We finally warmed up enough to get rid of all the ice, kids are back in school and we're back to work. Was especially nice to be back in the Kingdome Hall...>:D<

that is so good to hear! :sunshine: spring is coming! sending you warm thoughts from california!

that is so good to hear! :sunshine: spring is coming! sending you warm thoughts from california!

Please keep sending them! The weather man is talking about more ice for Friday. Hopefully nothing like what we had! We are just not equipped to deal with it. Still, I can't complain, our brothers and sisters in Austrailia and Brazil and other places have it so much worse.:crying: