JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

OK, I know Leslie is interested in a good recipe for quick and scrumptious bar food so I have one I'd like to share with you all.

OMGoodness this is incredible, and it makes great leftovers to eat on for DAYS!

15 pound bag of chicken wings- thawed

15 pound bag of chicken thighs, preferable de-boned- thawed

crushed garlic

light soy sauce

either sweet soy or mushroom soy

sesame oil

steamed rice

For the sake of shopping I buy these things at United Grocers or Cash and Carry outlets. They have the very best prices on sesame oil I've ever found. 

Directions:

Get the largest ziploc bags you can find, but don't over fill each bag.

Divide up the chicken in equal amounts in ziploc bags, add 1/2 cup of each of the soy's (except the sweet soy, only drizzel some in, it's very concentrated and over sweet), 1/4 c. sesame oil and a teaspoon of chopped garlic. Seal and smoosh it around to mix. Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal. Put in fridg over night. Next day spread out on baking sheets and bake at 350 until well cooked. (my measurements are a guess, I generally just add ingredients until it looks good)

Serve with 1/2 cup cooked Jasmine rice

The chicken is so tender and mixes so well with the rice they'll be coming back for more.

You can even make it with pork. Sometimes I'll find a 10 pound pork loin at Cash and Carry for 1.85 a pound so I make this recipe out of some of it.

Hope you like this as much as we do. I have been known to make this with 40 pounds of de-boned chicken thigh (because it's tender and really inexpensive) and freeze for quick fast food!

Oh and it can be modified to be teriyaki (?) with onions and peppers instead too!!

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I thank you for the recipe! I will try it after our Ice storm has passed

Ou /osu Bedlam game is Sat but don't expect a turnout due to storm conditions. Highways all aroun us our being closed due to all the accidents. Okla has been declared a state of emergency

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Ou /osu Bedlam game is Sat but don't expect a turnout due to storm conditions. Highways all aroun us our being closed due to all the accidents. Okla has been declared a state of emergency

Hope you're okay Leslie.I'm laying in bed listening to the sleet hitting my awnings.We're supposed to have 2 to 4 inches of snow then get very cold and icy.So I may miss service.Stay warm!

I'm glad you like it. I have been making it for years and I never get tired of it. I actually have 2 bags in the fridg now.

We're having a bad storm right now too. Blizzard-like conditions, (unusual for us is an inderstatement) coming down from the North Pole and from the East. I left for work at 4:50 this morning and Lewie's tire tracks from 20 minutes before me were already completely gone. I made it 2/3 of the way to work and decided to call about the Megler Bridge- Oregon/Washington Bridge- they didn't know yet so I continued on only to end up sideways in the road, twice. Enough for me. Came back home. My 40 minute drive took an hour and a half! Soooo, time for fresh bread and chicken!! 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I am thankful to herr you made it back home safe and sound! Our CO visit will not be completed due to the winter storm. No pioneer mtg :-(

But as far as I know everyone. Still has power and safe--so important things are covered !

LeslieDean

Well, I cooked all the wings, about 10 pounds,  and 3 legs for my grand girl. Can I say YUMMM!! I had enough for 5 baggies in the freezer and one in the fridg.

Since it's sooo snowy I made 2 loaves of bread and kick myself cause it would have been a perfect day for split pea with ham. There's always tomorrow, ummm ya tomorrow!

Hey how'd that game go? I was able to hear the pre-game on my sirius when driving to work but thought I'd ask you about the outcome, I got done working before it was 1/2 over.

OU won right at the end! We only had about 20 that turned up for the game but the were an enthusiastic 20!!! Then the remainer of the day just a few in and out. I could not believe anyone turned out as the roads were still so icy.

LeslieDean