JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Blood Issue in Dublin

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4853 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This has very sadly just happened in Dublin....on the radio they reported how the parents were resigned that the court order would be given !!!

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0113/1224287412762.html

Sadly this will not be the last

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Both of my children came very close to having blood forced on them. Fortunately in my case, new doctors and a new hospital treated them without blood. It is very difficult when this situation arises with minor children. The laws respect your medical wishes when you are an adult, but when it's a minor, parent's wishes are disregarded. My husband and I were threatened with arrest and possible charges of child endangerment and temporary custody loss of our children. Thank goodness it didn't come to that, but it was very, very close.

I truly feel for these parents, but they did the best they could and Jehovah knows that. We do have to follow the laws of man, and if there was nothing else to be done, then they don't have to feel that Jehovah is disappointed with them. He knows they tried as hard as they could, and that is what matters. They made a stand, took their case to the courts, and Jehovah is pleased with them for making a stand in his name.

This has very sadly just happened in Dublin....on the radio they reported how the parents were resigned that the court order would be given !!!

How barbaric and upsetting! And what happens if, in the end, the poor thing loses his life anyway? Would the state cast further doubt and blame on the parents, or apologize for forcing "a life-saving blood transfusion" against the parents' wishes? Sadly, they would just continue their lives as normal, but the parents, now having lost two children will suffer even more in the public's accusatory looks.

I really hope the baby recovers.

How barbaric and upsetting! And what happens if, in the end, the poor thing loses his life anyway? Would the state cast further doubt and blame on the parents, or apologize for forcing "a life-saving blood transfusion" against the parents' wishes? Sadly, they would just continue their lives as normal, but the parents, now having lost two children will suffer even more in the public's accusatory looks.

I really hope the baby recovers.

It is becoming th norm nowadays. There use to be a time when parents wishes were respected, now if the child is a minor and the courts don't agree with the parents, the courts take over. It's very sad that the government is constantly chipping away parents rights.

First...."do no harm"

It is clear to me they should have treated the respiratory problem FIRST. The hemoglobin can't exchange O2 and CO2 if your lung tissue is gummed up with infection or swelling....it doesn't matter what the hemoglobin count is. We all know, any medical treatment can't promise any outcome.....it is after all practicing medicine.