JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ice! Ice! Baby!

We got lots of rain in early december one day, then froze. Super slippery! Slipped on steps on deck and fractured wrist. Never saw it coming until I was down. Weird winter. We had a late spring and an early winter. I bought some of those grippy things for the bottom of my boots for service. Still gotta be extra cautious. Lots of people have slipped and hit hard.

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

Fortunately, there is a young family with a truck and plow that are plowing my driveway for me or I would be SOL with only one good hand. I have done a couple of things for them in the past and they see this as an opportunity to equal it out. I am so grateful they offered. Things always work out with Jehovahs people. I sure hope the new system comes soon and we can all help one another out.

Preach The Word....Be At It Urgently. 2 Tim. 4:2

You might need to fasten an I flatae donut to your bum!! Help to cushion the landing. My pic did not post above about the trees. Slow Internet upload!

Take care and hoping your wrist is on the mend. Unfortunay cold weather will now let your wrist talk to you. I hate getting older..,

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Here in southern Indiana we had ice and record low temps just a week or so ago. Today was 70 degrees with torrential rains and tornado warnings. Just had a new sump pump installed earlier this week and today, for the first time in the 9 years we've lived here, our sump pit with our fancy new $600 pump overflowed and started the flooding process. It is now 2:00am, and our plumber is still working to keep us from severe flooding because of issues that came up. Don't think we'll be able to get up for the meeting tomorrow. We'll probably be bailing water whenever we wake up anyway.

So, I guess your ice could be rain, or my rain could be ice, maybe the real enemy is simply water in general. Or maybe I'm just rambling because I just want to go to sleep.

Anyway, I hope your trees are okay. They probably will be. We had a really bad ice storm a few years back,and trees were surprisingly resilient.