JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Job offerings--decisions, decisions, decisions

A gal I took the refresher course with had failed her RN boards. She was/is an LPN until she retakes her RN boards. She has worked with a physician for 10 years 1 day a week going to privately own jails/prisons around OKC. She said he pays her $48.00 and plus works ER at the Baptist Hispital in OKC -pay does not compete. She said they assign a body guard to her and the doc and she carries pepper spray in her pocket. She says you have to set the rules right at the start and she tells them she has the spray and I'd not afraid to use it--- plus the big gun toting body guard I'd a good deterrent. She says one prisoner is on death row-serial killer- and he exudes evil, she said she can not look at his face and the rival he radiates is almost debilitating. I am sure I do not want to be around these type of personalities for any amount of money.

Our ICU and ER takes new grads!!!

You know I ll be praying for you! Tests are nerve wracking! Live you!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Our ICU and ER takes new grads!!!

You know I ll be praying for you! Tests are nerve wracking! Live you!

Really?  Even ADNs???  That's amazing!

Thanks for the prayers, Leslie.  I really DO need them.  Just had an endocrine test, and I really disagree with the instructor about one of the questions, but I think I've irritated her, so I'm not going to bother her anymore.  Don't need to burn bridges!

And I understand about the spelling thing, lol.

LOVE YOU!  :wub:

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

worst enema strikes again

I don't remember where it is on here but there is a story called my "4o mile an hour enema"!  It is about when we went water skiing with friends and what followed. EMBARASSING!  Hence my husband calling the water skiing adventure "my 40 mile an hour enema!"

LeslieDean

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I had my first day of orientation for the crisis center yesterday, It is unlike any form of nursing I have ever done. It started out with a welcome from the HR director and her reassurance that we will be working in 'the most secure building with the highest level of modern technology to keep us safe'--huh?? We are to wear no earrings or necklaces but may wear our wedding ring or a band if we so desire. Even our name badges will be on elasticized are bands and not lanyards worn about the neck. Hummm. This again for our protection so no one may grab it and pull or twist it or use it as a weapon. We e use are arm bands/identification to tap each door as we move about the building so as to lock/unlock the doors and 'track' our movement. Hummm, (with one eyebrow raised). We will be taken to the crisis center (right down the street from the police department) and given a tour of the building and have our fingerprints entered into their building security system. Building has no windows (I am sure it is much like many of our KH's) :-). Anyway you must have a key card to swipe the outside door to gain entrance to an interior room (buffer room) then use place your index finger in the reader to gain access into the interior building. Once inside you only have to use your armband to open the doors that will lock automatically behind you. I guess these precautions are necessary due to the number of emergency patients the police bring in on PCP. Well, during the interview they never mentioned having to 'run up and down hills in pursuit of patients' like the other substance abuse facility did. I think I will definitely miss my orthopedic patients with hip and knee replacements you had to pry out of bed!

Oh please let OSU medical center call me and offer that cardiac position! I promise I'll be a good girl!

LeslieDean

Got it!!! Jehovah gave me a job that more than met what I prayed for!!! I was for sure He answered the requests of my heart when I begged Him for a job that would allow me to be off Saturdays and Mondays for my meetings and when I was interviewed at OSU and the unit supervisor told me the schedule was Wed-Thurs-Fri- I felt like I had it in the bag. But it was slow going in hearing a response so when another unit supervisor called I went ahead an interviewed hoping that I would get the first one and this would be a fall back option. But guess what? When I interviewed it was for the cardiac floor. The position was for Sun-Mon-Tues alternate with Thursday -Fri-Sat the following week. Oh no. That means I would miss half my Sat meetings and half my Minday meetings. I kept praying and begging the first job would come through. But no it did not. I was feeling desperate and consented to the PRN crisis unit position. Then feeling all dejected my phone rings an hour ago and the cardiac supervisor said she reworked the set schedule and spoke with a couple of the nurses that did my peer interview and they rearranged their schedules to accommodate mine!!! And it is even better than the W-Thurs-Fri that I thought was from Jah! It is Tues-Thurs-Fri which breaks up that stretch if 3 12 hr shifts and allows me a rest break I between!!! When will I ever learn to rely completely on Jah and avoid all this mental anguish I put myself through? I can step back and see that my request was completely in harmony with Jah's will and I kept telling myself it would be okay but I don't know I was actually convinced. Now I can be more reassured in the future that this putting the Kingdom first really works!!! So happy!! Can you see me doing the happy dance?

LeslieDean