JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sentimental remberences...

What are some things that you remember your louse spouse saying to you?  The things that stopped time and left you feeling breathless?

When I was undergoing chemo and lost all my hair I remeber my husband saying the kindest thing to me.  You have to know his hair situation.  Even now, his hair is down to mid way his back,  I don't like it but I do like him!  

Anyway, I got up one morning and was sitting on the side of the bed deep in thought about what mean tricks Satan would play on me today.  I had just went through the prednisone physcosis, and the painful mouth ulcers from the chemo.  I had been told that alopecia rarly was a side effect with this type of chemo.  WRONG,  Rick had already slipped out of bed and had gone downstairs to get some milk for me to take with my meds.  I distinctly remember sitting there and looking at the sunlight soming in through the balcony doors.  I rasied my hand to run it through my locks and a handful of hair came away with my hand.  My heart stopped.  I stood up quickly to go to the bathroom and look in the mirror to see the damage.  There was so much in my hand it was hard to beleive it came out like that.  When I stood up I looked down at my pillow and it was covered it hair.  My hair.  I could feel the tears welling up and then I heard Rick's footsteps coming down the hall.  Geeze, I had to hurry and get to the bathroom or he would see me.  I locked the door behind me.  I could hear him going to my side of the bed and setting the glass on the bedside table and then I knew when he noticed my pillow.  I stood staring in the mirror with tears running down my face and he came to the door quietly and turned the handle.  He waited a moment then said "Leslie, it's going to be okay.  Open up the door and let me in."  I told him to go away.  Then all was quiet. The next thing I know he had gone down the hall and came into the other bedroom and opened the adjoining door to the bathroom.  Very quietly he came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me and nuzzeld his mouth to me ear and said  "I want you to know you are still the most beautiful woman on earth to me".  It was a very quiet, very sweet.  Then he said "come on, let's go back to bed.  He took my hand and unlocked the bathroom door and walked me over to the bed.  He pushed me to set down then took the pillow and removed the case.  He handed me my milk and meds and then said he was going to call his client and cancel the fireplace inspection that day.  

When he came back to bed I was feeling pretty numb.  He crawled in beside me and put his arms around me and pulled me close and said "I was just thinking.  Would it make you feel better if I were to shave my hair too?"  WHAT?  WE lay their quietly for awhile then I said "Dear, I realize that you think you have made a huge gesture, but with the way your hair is receding that gesture becomes less significant with each passing year"  He died laughing and then so did I.  We laid there crying and laughing all morning!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Dig deeper! Think about what attracted you to him! Send me a PM later and remind me to tell you about a family therapy group during my husbands rehab and this was the question the counselor asked! The answer will put you in the ground.

LeslieDean

That is a very beautiful story Leslie!!!  Sounds like you got a good man! 

I know losing your hair must have been awful.  When my sister had cancer and her hair started to come out, late one evening after everyone was in bed, she asked me to shave the rest of her hair.  I still remember her tears, they broke my heart.  

My anniversary is on Tuesday, my husband usually reserves his sentiment for that day, lol.  He is a good guy, and I love him.  He has said some sentimental things throughout the years, but they are more private.

He did tell me something a few weeks back that was not really sentimental, but it did make me cry a bit.  He asked me to come to our room to talk.  And I'm thinking "great, bad news, why else would we need to discuss something privately without the kids around"  When we got to our room, he took my hand and said "I just want you to know how much I appreciate your support.  I have noticed a change in you in recent months, and I have seen how hard you are trying to be a better wife and be more supportive of me.  I know I am busy with work and my responsibilities in the cong, and I know that leaves little time for you.  I can't tell you how much it means to me to have you supporting me like you are.  I can see your effort and it means the world to me. I can handle my responsibilities at the cong knowing you are backing me up.  I will try to be better myself towards you.  Thank you"

Crying a bit just typing this out, lol.

I always thank our elders wives and young families and let them know that we realize without a supportive loving wife he could not fulfill his responsibilities without guilt. We really see how much the family as a whole loves Jehovah by sacrificing their time with their husband! So I want to thank you and your husband and kids for doing this so graciously! And thick is for all the others here that I am not aware of but Jehovah is!0

LeslieDean

Dig deeper! Think about what attracted you to him! Send me a PM later and remind me to tell you about a family therapy group during my husbands rehab and this was the question the counselor asked! The answer will put you in the ground.

Ack!  Just tried to PM you and I'm getting the message that it's not possible for you to receive any additional PMs right now!  :(

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻