JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

facebook

I hear it all the time.

I get invites to join groups called something like "If we have to pay for facebook, we're gone" and about a zillion other variations of that.

I cannot imagine facebook EVER charging anything. They are rolling in cash from advertising alone. Half those ads on the right side of the page generate money every time they are seen, the other half when they are clicked on. Considering facebook is visited by tens of millions of people per day, even if each person was served an ad that someone paid 1 cent per impression, that would be $100,000 per 10 million page views in facebook's pocket.

And then ad the games that people play and the ways they have for getting people to fork over their credit card numbers to improve their fictional character and it get's ridiculous.

So I don't think it will ever happen.

And if it does, we cost nothing over here and are ad-free :-)

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I heard the same thing. May not happen but if it does...so long Facebook. You're too greedy. :(

The only thing that costs them any significant money are the programmers. But if they would stop changing the site, then they wouldn't have to pay them :-) And like, do we ever like the changes anyway?

Bandwidth and space is cheap anymore.

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

What you may also know is that there is a email circulating saying a Facebook account holder is sending people( they call them friends; :-[ ) a message saying they should check out a particular picture and if the receiver does this, their Computer is instantly infected with a Parahna type Trojan that eats all of your files and destroys the hard drive. This is the type of 'Friends' one can meet on Facebook and its almost impossible to weed them out.

I am so fortuante to have been invited into this family of True Friends where I know I'm safe from the vicious world of people who think nothing of trying to destroy your means of communication, if only for one night. It's reciprocal of the way Satan slitthers into our lives. His crafty acts and crude macinations are his way of trying to gain control of one of our ways of trying to connect with Real Friends trying to enjoy whats left of this wicked system.

I know there has been talk of charging for the right to post on its book but so far that's all its been. Like one commenter said earlier, and to paraphrase, who really cares what they do with that book, we are where we need to be as opposes to where we want, if only for a moment. I just read the follwoing message from a fellow Facebookite message and I quote; " VIRUS ON FACEBOOK

CBS JUST REPORTED THAT THERE IS A VIRUS ON FACEBOOK...IT COMES IN THE FORM OF AN EMAIL CLAIMING TO BE FROM FACEBOOK WITH AN ATTACHMENT ASKING TO CHANGE PASSWORD...ONCE PASSWORD IS CHANGED THE COMPUTER HAS A VIRUS IN WHICH ALL PERSONAL INFO CAN BE ACCESSED...THEY SAID THAT IT SHOULD BE DELETED IF ANYONE GETS THE EMAIL...PASS THE WORD ON!!! "

this is getting more weird each day!!!

~~Nae~~

I have not heard anything about facebook charging any money.

Facebook is cool but we are no fool(s) if they charge well be gone and it will be nomore facebook from then on, Scipture tells us, The Scene Of The World Is Changing who knows we may not have facebook in the new system but do we care no, Agape love to you all your sister Elsie x

I hav been so busy lately I haven't been on here or facebook. I'm glad I havent been there if it is true about all those viruses. It's such a shame that people get off on causing harm to others (most of whom can't afford to get their computer fixed if it is infected). I hate this world!

Lm

if it is true about all those viruses. It's such a shame that people get off on causing harm to others

Unless I am naive, I think most of those virus scares are just a bunch of bologna. Granted, some sites are running trojan scripts that try to install an add-on on your browser, but most anti-virus programs should be able to flag those. Outside of that, just do NOT run a program if you are not sure of the source, and do not open a document in an email that seems suspicious. Those are the golden rules of computers.

- Bob

Bob, you mean BALONEY instead of bologna? LOL :lol1:

Perhaps. Bologna is the meat we put on a sandwhich. I always thought that this was the same word that we used for "nonsense, ridiculous" as well, but it could very well be a slang term spelled different as you stated.

All this baloney about bologna is baloney, I tell you! :lol1:

Your brother,

- Bob