JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

To our elderly ones

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 5249 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Resurrection

I open my eyes, what a strange feeling!

My pains, my aches, my thoughts restore

My body is different, enhance, appealing

I can find any of my nasty sores.

I look in the mirror, that’s not my body!

Is a young man strong and ready!

But it is me, my thoughts, my stories,

When I proposed her, engaged, and married.

I hear voices calling my name

Voices of people, family, and friends

I must be dreaming, must be a game

That I created to keep me sane.

I look around and had discovered

Thousands had risen from the fallen tombs

Is the new earth, is family, brothers,

And singing and dancing to the praising songs.

How can this be? I’m never been worthy

Of resurrection, or to be like this

And Jehovah told me, I don’t see you faulty

You heart has been pure, complete towards me.

I looked around and there were friends missing

That use to belong to my congregation

Friends that for sure I thought I’ll be kissing,

At the time of risen to the earth re-possession.

I eagerly inquired and the elders told me

Their actions were tailor to make the friends think

To look like examples, their hearts was a sea

Of misleading conscience with stain dark like ink.

I was missing meeting, my preaching was award

Because my health problems I thought I had sin

But my heart was fully abide to Jehovah

And my love was strong towards all, towards him.

I guess it is true, lasting life is a gift

That comes from our God to the ones with good heart

And around the world and in the fine good mist

He never forgets what we did from the start.

So elderly friends, don’t feel yourselves sorry

Jehovah remembers what you did from before

He reads in your heart, for these do not worry

Nothing will keep him from acting his word.

Hebrews 6:10 “For God is not unrighteous so as to forget your work and the love you showed for his name, in that you have ministered to the holy ones and continue ministering.”

Although meetings and the ministry IS critical to our relationship with Jehovah, your poem brings out the truth that some have situations that come with age that makes even these simple works of devotion a challenge. These should always be taken into consideration.

And it will be interesting to see who is in the new system. We'll be surprised about a few who made it, and equally surprised about a few that didn't. Some put on a show of having great spirituality, but underneath really never talk to Jehovah, and may even be leading double lives.

May none of us fall into the latter group. Pray everyday and take your spiritual vitamins :-)

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I am so glad I read your poem and thought I would share what happened today. After the ministry was over the pioneer sister I was working with asked me if I wouldn't mind going with her as she dropped off the magazines to a sick pioneer who has been unable to attend the meeting for a few weeks. I of course said sure!!! As we pulled in to park I noticed that we were on the same street as another older sister who is now a widow.

Well the first sister received her magazines with great joy because as she put it 'now I know I am not forgotten!' and just as we turned to walk away she asked us if we had any cough drops because she had a terrible sore throat. I reached into my bag and handed her two handfuls. She began to cry. I quoted Luke 6:38: 'they will pour into YOUR laps a fine measure, pressed down, shaken together and overflowing' and said Jehovah loves her dearly!

Next to the widow...she said that the circuit overseers have each given her personal assignment now that she is unable to get out like she wants to and that she takes them each very serious.

Here are her assignments:

1. ...Pray for Jehovah's blessings on the brothers and sisters as they go out in the ministry everyday.
  2. ...Pray for more brothers to take the lead in her congregation.
  3. ...Pray for the Governing Body every Wednesday for knowledge and wisdom.
  4. ...She gave herself the assignment to pray for all the Bethel family (volunteers, elders, wives, single brother/sisters, Faithful and Discreet Slave, and the Governing Body

Now... after each of the above assignments given she informed us how she knows Jehovah heard her personal prayer and it sent chills down my spine to know how close to Jehovah she is and how he listens to her because as she said 'she listens to the brothers!'

So remember 2 Corinthians 4:16 'we do not give up, but even if the man we are outside is wasting away, certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day.'

Just thought I would share!