JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Government Class

One of my assignments was to right an essay. for the fourth paragraph i had to write about what i think about this county, the world, where it's going, and how can i help. I was conflicted on how to answer tht. I know my teacher wants to see " i love this country, we have the best governement. Soon democracy will be spread throughout the world, uniting us as one giant country. I can push my opinion and take it to the top...blah blah blah." but being tht i know what's really gonna happen, i had no choice but to witness in my paper. i'm worried tht it will reflect not only on me poorly but also on my grade for not telling him what he wants to hear. trying to hope for the best. MAYBE he'll turn out to be a witness, or i'll plant a seed and save his life one day......ya never know.

Hi Samantha, It's nice to meet you. I think you're worrying too much, my dear. I think he will love your paper because it's NOT what everyone else will be writing about. When my Daughter was in Nursing school she often wrote papers giving a witness. She even did it in her PUBLIC SPEAKING class (and she is very shy). She always got good grades and even place a few books with her teachers and classmates. If I remember corectly, one of her classmates even went to the memorial.

Be brave sweety and Jehovah will certainly bless you.

PS....Please let us know what your grade is..

Love, your sister, LaRhonda

i'm worried tht it will reflect not only on me poorly but also on my grade for not telling him what he wants to hear.

Maybe, maybe not. We cannot be ear ticklers though. However, I was thinking that if I had such an assignment today, I could pamper it a little about how compared with the conditions people have to endure in other parts of the world due to political oppression and poverty, I'm pretty fortunate to live in the United States. I can think of too many other places where life could be just as good. All of that is really how I feel. And then.... then I would tell it like it is about how this country, like all the others, has it faults, and that God is going to cRusH and PuLvEriZE the USA and.... okay, maybe that's a little too dramatic :D:P

trying to hope for the best. MAYBE he'll turn out to be a witness, or i'll plant a seed and save his life one day......ya never know.

True. Teachers have come into the truth because of the firm convictions and good witness of a student of theirs.

Hopefully he will grade the paper on it's own merits and not with any of his personal bias. I'm sure it was a fine piece.

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

hey Samantha,

I am Tammy, just read your message, I think you will do just fine, keep standing up for Jehovah and he will bless you!

By the way, your last name sounds familiar....where do you live? I used to live in sarasota florida, I think I went to school with an Eric Frietag...anyway your last name sounds familiar...let me know

Tammy

I used to do the SAME thing!!!!!!! Except.........no one listened to me and no one really talked to me....that actually explains a few things.........anyway, haha, when I talk about religion at school now I use a little bit more tact. Like in my intro paper introducing me to the new teacher I put under background that I'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and not to long ago we had an in class discussion on stem cell research and weather or not we believe in using embryos for testing, I raised my hand and explained my position on the whole matter and why. Most of the students actually liked my comment........anyway I'm a little off topic....keep up the good work. :-)

This was actually mine....Were having a few problems with people signing off. haha

LOL!!!!! My boys are brave like that at school too!!!! I asked my son, "What if someone invited you to their birthday party, what are you going to say?" He told me, "I'll tell them that Jehovah hates birthdays and he will kill them if they celebrate it!" He's only 6.... So I am getting ready for the parent/teacher conferences.

Congratulations!!!! Girl! I told you!!! The teachers appreciate it when you go off on a limb and write something different. They have to read all those papers and just think how boring it must be for them. You gave him a treat...plus a good witness.

Love ya! and keep it up!!!

LaRhonda