JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Devil and Miss Jones

This movie begins with a steaming devil, as it introduces the title and Jean Arthur.

Then it proceeds to have nothing to do with the devil or any spiritism.

The figurative 'devil' turns out to be an older gentleman who the uninformed public believe is a selfish man, worth only their anger and aggressive rebuke.  And Miss Jones helps him correct the problem that causes people to think that way.

If the film were called 'The Business Man and Miss Jones', no issue would even exist.  And that would describe it.

This pleasant old movie is so nice, that I place it in the top 3 of my favorites list, but didn't place it in my profile, because I didn't wish to create any mistaken impressions.

Anyone else ever seen this picture?

Any suggestions for a better title?

Or comments about the movie?

post-6267-0-26038900-1437711378_thumb.jp

post-6267-0-46228000-1437711431_thumb.jp

post-6267-0-97965500-1437711473_thumb.jp

post-6267-0-68126300-1437711498.jpg

post-6267-0-68471000-1437711574_thumb.pn

I have a feeling I've seen it as some of those scenes look familiar. I really can't remember all the old movies I've watched though. I went through a faze as a late teen of hiring out lots of old movies and watching them. I'll have to watch it again, thanks for the info.

If you can handle oldies, this one is particularly nice to relax with, when you are in one of those moods that desires quiet and calm

When Jean Arthur is on the beach with her friends, I feel like I'm there with them, the director really pulled that off.

Apart from the steaming title sequence- which has nothing to do with movie, other than to suggest that the business man is most unliked by the public- it is a very sweet movie.

I think a lot more brothers and sisters would know about it, if not for the title-sequence.