JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Beloved local teen dies in hunting accident

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 5355 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This is sad. Original article was found here... Beloved local teen dies in hunting accident • Family finds comfort in daughter’s faith, commitment to God by Naomi Klouda Homer Tribune

3708=15-Hannah-01-JPEG-338x508.jpg Hannah Rene Frye, a young graduate from Homer High School’s class of 2009 who also went door-to-door as a Jehovah’s Witness missionary, died Friday in a moose hunting accident while on a trip at Kalgin Island. Services for Hannah, 18, will be held 2 p.m. Sept. 5 at the Mariner Theatre. There will be a reception in the gym from 3-6 p.m. Before noon on Friday, Hannah was airlifted from Kalgin Island to Anchorage’s Providence Alaska Medical Center after she was accidently shot while hunting. She was declared dead at the hospital. The morning of the accident, the U.S. Coast Guard received a report around 9:05 a.m. saying the teen had been shot. Hannah was a member of a six-person group hunting for moose on Kalgin Island, which is located in Redoubt Bay by the Drift River Tank Farm. Friends and family used a VHS radio to call for help, and the Coast Guard then notified a search and rescue group out of Anchorage, as well as the Alaska State Troopers. At 11:05 a.m., they were able to land on the island to airlift Hannah to Providence. “The situation was a little complicated because we had broken radio communication,” said investigating trooper Matt Ezell said. “There is no foul play suspected, but we are investigating this to sort through what happened.” Hannah Rene Frye is likely a familiar name and face to many in Homer through her many community interactions, including her ministry giving Bible studies in people’s homes through the Kingdom Hall Jehovah’s Witness Church. She also worked with her father on local construction projects through his business, Smoking Bay Painting. “Hannah was an extraordinary person,” her family wrote in her remembrance. Born in Homer April 5, 1991 to Cameron and Rebecca Frye, Hannah was the middle child with five siblings: Aric, Alissa, Camille, Julie and Brianna. All were “raised in this beautiful little town she loved so much,” her family wrote. In fact, in her ministry, Hannah may very well have come knocking at the doors of many Homer residents. The family said that, as soon as she was old enough to go door-to-door, Hannah spent many hours in her ministry as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses here in Homer, in Belize, and while traveling through the lower 48 states. She was planning to expand her ministry to Honduras next year, and also hoped to serve as a volunteer at the world headquarters of Jehovah’s Witnesses in New York. Instead of college plans, her goal was to go directly into her church’s ministry. “Hannah overflowed with love – for her family, for this earth and its creatures, for her dear friends, and most of all, for her God, Jehovah. She was deeply satisfied and freely expressed her joy for life. When she laughed, she laughed with her whole body,” the family wrote. “Hannah had a soft, gentle smile that started in her eyes and radiated out. When she smiled at you, you felt the warmth of a genuine, loving heart.” Hannah is described as someone who loved being outside, running through fields of summer fireweed and playing football at low tide on the beach. “Her eyes would light up just talking about horseback riding, playing in the snow, or camping trips. She also was a hard-worker, so strong and energetic that it was a common remark on a construction site that she made all the boys working around her look bad,” wrote her family. “She was skilled and worked hard for the family’s business, tearing down damaged buildings, making repairs and house painting. That girl could swing a sledge hammer and ply a paint brush, let me tell you.” Hannah was a person who appreciated the great value of little things, taking note and treasuring small kindnesses expressed towards her. She also had a silly, open sense on humor, with a penchant for monster trucks and golden retrievers. “She was a very careful and conscientious person, always striving to make decisions that would draw her close to God and bring his smile of approval,” said the family. “Her Grandma, Virginia Hume, taught her to play the piano, and she loved playing and singing with all her heart praises to her God, Jehovah.” Hannah was among the many volunteers who helped to build the Homer Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses, which was completed in 2003. She worked on similar church projects around the state. In her ministry work, she was a full-time volunteer for the church since she was 16 years old. At the age of 10, Hannah made a commitment to read from the Bible for 30 minutes every morning after waking. Her father said it was a commitment she kept until the day she died. “If you were among the many who took a few minutes from your day to brighten hers and be encouraged by discussing the Bible with her, we want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts, as nothing brought Hannah more joy than talking about God’s promises of life such as described in Revelation 21:3,4 and Psalms 37:28,29,” her family wrote. “She knew that God is not responsible for the death of loved ones and she knew and had full faith in his promise of a resurrection. (James 1:13, John 5:28, 29). She shared this message of comfort and hope with countless others grieving a loss. Her friends and family will truly draw strength from these and similar scriptures as we adjust to her temporary absence in our lives.”

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Oh my goodness, Bob. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. My heart breaks for her family and friends. What a wonderful witness for the people there in Alaska. Even though our sweet sister is sleeping now, her christian ministry will continue through her death.

There is a place at the end of the newspaper website where we can leave our condolences for the family if amyone would like to express their love to them.

What a beautiful girl!!!

LaRhonda

Hey there.... I have cousins that live in Homer, Alaska and they go to her congregation. So heartbreaking!!!! It's not mentioned in the article but the sister's sister shot at a deer, missed and ended up getting her sister. The very next day, all the pioneers in her congregation made a special day in service to go to all the sister's return visits, calls, and bible studies and help them, console them, and give them hope for the new system!!!!

I don't cry much, but this is a hard thing to deal with. I am going to get my cousin's email and maybe I can get the adress to the kingdom hall there and maybe we can all send a card???

Hey there.... I have cousins that live in Homer, Alaska and they go to her congregation. So heartbreaking!!!! It's not mentioned in the article but the sister's sister shot at a deer, missed and ended up getting her sister.

Oh my. I bet she is on an emotional roller coaster trying to deal with what happened right now.

I don't cry much, but this is a hard thing to deal with. I am going to get my cousin's email and maybe I can get the adress to the kingdom hall there and maybe we can all send a card???

That would be very nice. Please post it for us here when you obtain it.

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!