JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

So where do we get morals from now?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4629 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

David Cameron has promised to confront the “moral collapse” in British society that led to last week’s riots. "We will fight back against gangs, crime and the thugs who make people's lives hell and we will fight back hard, he said. "There is no 'them' and 'us' - there is us. We are all in this together, and we will mend our broken society - together."

telegraph.co.uk

Moral outrage at rioters fixes nothing: the only remedies are liberal

Denouncing criminality and banging up looters is easy. Social repair is slow, costly and difficult – a fact Cameron must confront.

www.guardian.co.uk

Cameron's war on feckless families: PM attacks the human rights laws and backs national service

www.dailymail.co.uk

Now the fun and games begin...“moral collapse”...so where do we get morals from ?...who decides what is right or wrong?...the fighting begins over this now...

I am so grateful I know the truth...I know from studying the Bible and reading our Bible based literature what is right and wrong in Jehovah's God eyes...which is the only view of right or wrong that matters...surely this must be a time when right hearted ones can start asking what is really right and wrong....and who has the final say.

Can you think of any interesting ways to witness about the morals we find in the Bible?

I like to use this sort of question...

"Many today look to self-help books,doctors or TV programs seeking to

find advice on the best way to live,where do you think we can find the best advice?"

Then I share Isaiah 48:17 .

I like to use this sort of question...

"Many today look to self-help books,doctors or TV programs seeking to

find advice on the best way to live,where do you think we can find the best advice?"

Then I share Isaiah 48:17 .

I like that Nancy...that is probably where people look nowadays...there is no where else to look for many ...

I have been looking around to find out what morals are being looked at...and the nearest I have got... is an American news reporter...who makes some interesting comments...

but this is how it is now because if you read anything on atheism or secularism...they attack the Bible and religion...but they will not say what there morals are or what they are based on...

"One cannot pick on Britain exclusively, because America has this problem as well, and the crisis du jour in Britain is a crisis of the whole Western world, and it’s coming to a city near you. It is a crisis of faith.

Britain is a nation now so secular that when former Prime Minister Tony Blair wanted to end a speech to the nation with “God bless you,” it was nixed by his staff for fear of offending too many people. Some years ago, when a Mori poll for the BBC's Heaven & Earth program asked the British to name an 'inspirational' figure - Jesus finished at the bottom, not even close to "none of the above" or Britney Spears.

The only real operating “moral” code in a post-Christian nation like Britain is a very vague, conditional sense of the Golden Rule used to reinforce the new national creed of selfishness and hedonism. The other is the threat of jail. This is true across Europe and in many parts of America.

One cannot expect young people, taught to believe that Christian morals are evil and oppressive, and that the only final reality is material and energy shaped by pure chance, to decide to honor law or property or their fellow man.

Without God, it becomes the law of the jungle."

full article...

http://blogs.cbn.com/hurdontheweb/archive/2011/08/09/no-shock-that-london-is-burning.aspx

I have been looking around to find out what morals are being looked at...and the nearest I have got... is an American news reporter...who makes some interesting comments...

but this is how it is now because if you read anything on atheism or secularism...they attack the Bible and religion...but they will not say what there morals are or what they are based on...

"One cannot pick on Britain exclusively, because America has this problem as well, and the crisis du jour in Britain is a crisis of the whole Western world, and it’s coming to a city near you. It is a crisis of faith.

Britain is a nation now so secular that when former Prime Minister Tony Blair wanted to end a speech to the nation with “God bless you,” it was nixed by his staff for fear of offending too many people. Some years ago, when a Mori poll for the BBC's Heaven & Earth program asked the British to name an 'inspirational' figure - Jesus finished at the bottom, not even close to "none of the above" or Britney Spears.

The only real operating “moral” code in a post-Christian nation like Britain is a very vague, conditional sense of the Golden Rule used to reinforce the new national creed of selfishness and hedonism. The other is the threat of jail. This is true across Europe and in many parts of America.

One cannot expect young people, taught to believe that Christian morals are evil and oppressive, and that the only final reality is material and energy shaped by pure chance, to decide to honor law or property or their fellow man.

Without God, it becomes the law of the jungle."

full article...

http://blogs.cbn.com/hurdontheweb/archive/2011/08/09/no-shock-that-london-is-burning.aspx

And now we have people acting worse than animals. The law of the jungle doesn't even apply to them.:scared:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.