JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A new app for cancer research

While we are waiting for Jehovah to fix the mess of this system, and heal us all, I want to share an app that is quite interesting in its intent to help with cancer research*.  It's called DreamLap app.  It is being used by cancer researchers to harness people's mobile phones' supercomputer powers to number crunch cancer problems and help speed up research.  All while we sleep.

DreamLab uses your smartphone to fast track cancer research.

Sleep has always been good for you – but with the DreamLab app, it can be good for others too. With so many Australians affected by cancer, finding answers through medical research is incredibly important.

That’s where you and the DreamLab app come in. It’s a multi-award winning app that uses the processing power of your idle phone to help solve cancer puzzles while you sleep. Already, our nearly 100,000 users are helping DreamLab crunch data in half the time as Garvan’s supercomputer - forging a path towards personalised treatments for cancer.

I use Vodafone as my mobile/cell phone carrier, and they offer free data for this app.  Or you can use wifi, as it doesn't really use much of your download/upload allowance.  I found it an interesting concept, but up to you if you want to try it (download from your app store).  More info here https://www.vodafone.com.au/red-wire/dreamlab-garvan-samantha-oakes/

*Yes, conscience matter for sure.  This is just an interesting bit of science for good.