JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Doesn't have to be an Ipod. They have 2GB MP3 players at Fry's for 9.99.

Click here...

Kaser Mambo-Clamp 2GB MP3 Player

Granted....this is bottom of the line and may be a piece of garbage....but it's just an example of how affordable they are getting.

5787392.box.GIF

(Edited to fix the goofy looking link, which although goofy looking, was still clickable. Added the snazzy picture too. - Bob)

Doesn't have to be an Ipod. They have 2GB MP3 players at Fry's for 9.99.

Granted....this is bottom of the line and may be a piece of garbage....but it's just an example of how affordable they are getting.

Thanks Ben! Yes I currently have a 4 GB MP3 player that I need to replace. I think I have warn it out recording the circuit assemblies and bethel talks that I go to. It is very iffy now and does not keep the station so some of my talks I am trying to tape off the radio station come out with all static or one time I taped a full hour of a gospel channel! Wow is me the techno challenge one! HELP! :S

I'm going to get one because i will be traveling to Canada in a couple of weeks and I want to have some soft music...maybe some Jim Brickman, Kenny G and Enya to listen to while I sleep on the plane. I'll see if I can get the guy to teach me how to use it too. Thanks!

Can anyone give me a suggestion for a low cost way to have the talks I have downloaded play during the night? I am currently using my laptop and am afraid that I may burn it out having it own and in use so long.

Well, for what it is worth, my computers are on all the time, and very rarely do I ever shut them down. My Laptop is a Dell Inspiron b130 - the bottom of the line model from a few years back. I'll be online in bed, and just shut it when I cannot keep my eyes open any longer (I even fell asleep and dropped it on my face once). Next morning it is still on waiting for me.

However, there are cheap mp3 players out there now, especially if you get one that cannot record off an FM band. 2 GB is alot of talks, being that each one I have here is 15-30 MB per talk. You could have a couple days worth of talks in the palm of your hand.

Also, I purchased an mp3 CD player at BJ's Wholesale Club (a Sams and Costco type place) for $30.00 and it works great!

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

However, there are cheap mp3 players out there now, especially if you get one that cannot record off an FM band. 2 GB is alot of talks, being that each one I have here is 15-30 MB per talk. You could have a couple days worth of talks in the palm of your hand.

Also, I purchased an mp3 CD player at BJ's Wholesale Club (a Sams and Costco type place) for $30.00 and it works great!

- Bob

So it must be the fact that my mp3 has the radio on it as to why I cannot hold that much information on it. Well anyway I will look online soon to do some price comparisons because I probable will not be in the market until the end of the year if I don't wait until January.

I rarely turn mine off either. My ex was a computer geek, too BOB, and he said that turning them on and off actually wore them out faster because the componants would expand then contract with being turned on and off and that it would wear them out. So I usually turn mine off maybe once ever couple of weeks just for the heck of it. I"m like Bob and just close mine up. I have a DELL Inspiron 1545 and it was only $399 on sale at Best Buy. I like it alot. Have a good battery life, too...about 4 hours.

So it must be the fact that my mp3 has the radio on it as to why I cannot hold that much information on it. Well anyway I will look online soon to do some price comparisons because I probable will not be in the market until the end of the year if I don't wait until January.

No, that shouldn't matter. The storage capacity has become incapacitated somehow :-) Either the memory has been damaged, or you have too much stuff on it already.

When you download a talk from this site, you should be able to drag and drop it over to your mp3 player and listen right away.

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

No, that shouldn't matter. The storage capacity has become incapacitated somehow :-) Either the memory has been damaged, or you have too much stuff on it already.

When you download a talk from this site, you should be able to drag and drop it over to your mp3 player and listen right away.

- Bob

I usually add all the information I can for the week and listen to it throughout the week. I have been getting lazy lately but after reading the information about family worship in the back of this weeks Watchtower I am determined to get on the ball. I have been using as the excuse that because it's just me I don't qualify for FAMILY worship night but that article includes single witnesses as well.

Me, Gina and Baylie (my grand daughter) are going to start having family worship night on Mondays. Before Gina moved here...I didnt have a soecial night. I just read my bible or some other info every night before going to sleep. But I think us getting together and doing it will be fun for all 3 of us.

Yes and in light of the information in the October 15 Watchtower it will draw you all closer to Jehovah! May you continue to do that. Just today at the meeting for service the brother talked about sleeping the day away which during the winter is all that I want to do. I made it my resolve to get up starting tomorrow at 7:00 am to begin my morning worship like the bethel family. I think that if I attach myself mentally to a group of people I will stop feeling so alone and may be able to stick with it.

Yes and in light of the information in the October 15 Watchtower it will draw you all closer to Jehovah! May you continue to do that. Just today at the meeting for service the brother talked about sleeping the day away which during the winter is all that I want to do. I made it my resolve to get up starting tomorrow at 7:00 am to begin my morning worship like the bethel family. I think that if I attach myself mentally to a group of people I will stop feeling so alone and may be able to stick with it.

Nice resolve. Stick to it. The only reason any of this is ever successful is because of a sense of commitment. If you can make it your routine, it will stick with you and you will always feel like a better person as a result.

Nice resolve. Stick to it. The only reason any of this is ever successful is because of a sense of commitment. If you can make it your routine, it will stick with you and you will always feel like a better person as a result.

I was told that it takes six weeks for a habit to be made/broken. If this is correct then I should be close to being broken in by the new year. Also I hope what you stated is true that I will feel like a better person as a result because for a long long time that has not been the case and it would really be nice to feel worthy of being a better person and be used by Jehovah.

I was told that it takes six weeks for a habit to be made/broken. If this is correct then I should be close to being broken in by the new year. Also I hope what you stated is true that I will feel like a better person as a result because for a long long time that has not been the case and it would really be nice to feel worthy of being a better person and be used by Jehovah.

Take for example the person who wants to go out every Saturday morning, and hardly ever does. What does he do in the morning? He sits in his jammies drinking coffee wishing he went out that morning. He feels like mud, and swears to start doing it for real next Saturday.

Friday night comes along, and excuses not to go out start brewing in his mind. He tries to ignore them. Saturday morning comes and time is short, gotta get ready, and then boom! an excuse not to go out. He instead spends the morning in his jammies feeling like mud.

But if he would just do it, he would feel better about himself. And if it were his routine, then when a real reason comes up, not just a measly excuse, his conscience is clean as a whistle.

Family study for me went down the toilet the last 6 weeks as I worked on my Public Talk. That was my excuse. Now I gotta get committed to making this a routine again. :-)

- Bob