JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Comments made in the year 1955!

That's only 54 years ago!

'I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going the way they

are, it's going to be impossible to buy a week's groceries

for $10.00.

'Have you seen the new cars coming out next year? It won't

be long before $1, 000.00 will only buy a used one.

'If cigarettes keep going up in price, I'm going to quit. 20

cents a pack is ridiculous.

'Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging 7

cents just to mail a letter

'If they raise the minimum wage to $1.00, nobody will be

able to hire outside help at the store.

'When I first started driving, who would have thought gas

would someday cost 25 cents a gallon. Guess we'd be better

off leaving the car in the garage.

'I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any more Ever

since they let Clark Gable get by with saying DAMN in GONE

WITH THE WIND, it seems every new movie has either HELL or

DAMN in it.

'I read the other day where some scientist thinks it's

possible to put a man on the moon by the end of the century.

They even have some fellows they call astronauts preparing

for it down inTexas .

'Did you see where some baseball player just signed a

contract for $50,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn't

surprise me if someday they'll be making more than the

President.

'I never thought I'd see the day all our kitchen appliances

would be electric. They are even making electric typewriters

now.

'It's too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a

few married women are having to work to make ends meet.

'It won't be long before young couples are going to have to

hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work.

'I'm afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open the door to

a whole lot of foreign business.

'Thank goodness I won't live to see the day when the

Government takes half our income in taxes. I sometimes

wonder if we are electing the best people to government.

'The drive-in restaurant is convenient in nice weather, but

I seriously doubt they will ever catch on.

'There is no sense going on short trips anymore for a

weekend, it costs nearly $2.00 a night to stay in a hotel.

'No one can afford to be sick anymore, at $15.00 a day in

the hospital, it's too rich for my blood.'

'If they think I'll pay 30 cents for a hair cut, forget it.'

Wow....thats funny, Micah. I was born in 1958. I remember whe I got married in 1976... We were complaining because gas had shoy up to %% cents a gallon. And I used to dust for my grandma when I was a kid. She'd give me a quarter and I'd walk down to the corner store and buy a soda, an icream, and a whole bag of candy.

My grandpa used to carry a pocket full of change and when the kids would come around he would jingle it in his pocket and then give is a coin or two. Well, when Gina was little...maybe 5 or 6....Papa kingled his change and gave her a quarter. Then she asked for another one. Well being the parent and trying to teach my child to have manners, I got upset and made her give him the quarter back. Then on the way home I was fussing at her for asking him for more money, saying that was rude. Gina said, "Well, you said you couldn't buy anything with a quarter."......Man did I feel terrible!!!

funny thing...just yesterday Baylie bought herself a pack of gum for a little less than $1.50. I told her "back in my day" my Papa would give me a dollar and I could by a brown sack of candy and gum AND a drink. While I was telling her that I was remembering when everybody used to tell me about buying lots of candy for a nickle, etc.

Yea, Yea, Yea...Gloria....You keep saying you are older, but I don't see any grey hair nor any wrinkles. And you have NEVER told us your age....OK sweet sis...fess up!!

PS....My GRANDMOTHER used to drink the REAL Coke in the small bottles that had REAL COCAINE in them. I remember when I was little...she would only buy the Cokes in the SMALL bottles because in her mind they would boost her up(they had already substituted the cocaine with caffene, but in her mind the small ones were still better). So YES soda WAS around in my childhood!!!!

I love you, too!!!!

PS...One day I"m going to visit Texas...so you better behave yourself!!!!!

rhonda...whenever you plan on accepting a fb friend, you should always read their profile info to make sure they are good associates...i have my birthdate right there on my profile info! apparently, you have never checked my profile! but don't worry, i am a safe associate..LOL...just a bit annoying!

and it's true i have very little grey hair...but i do have a few wrinkles...guess my pic is too small to see them! i was raised in the truth so was never around smoke much, maybe thatz why i don't have many wrinkles...another benefit from having the truth! haha

i'm not that much older than you...but if we had been kids, i would have ignored you as being too young to be friends with! does that make you feel better? LOL

Hey Gloria...the ONLY reason I accepted you as a friend was because you come here so I knew you were legit. And no I dont think you would have ignored me when I was young as I was very popular and everyone wanted to be my friend...But you know what?????? You are probably so much older than me that we would have never even went to the same school!!!! Heheheheheheehe!!!! Hahahahahahaahahahah! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO!!!!

I still am happy we became friends now:)

Yea, Yea, Yea...Gloria....You keep saying you are older, but I don't see any grey hair nor any wrinkles. And you have NEVER told us your age....OK sweet sis...fess up!!

PS....My GRANDMOTHER used to drink the REAL Coke in the small bottles that had REAL COCAINE in them. I remember when I was little...she would only buy the Cokes in the SMALL bottles because in her mind they would boost her up(they had already substituted the cocaine with caffene, but in her mind the small ones were still better). So YES soda WAS around in my childhood!!!!

I love you, too!!!!

PS...One day I"m going to visit Texas...so you better behave yourself!!!!!

the ones in the small glass bottles ARE better. Or maybe someone just put it in my head and i just can't get around it.