JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Location, Location (Where are you from?)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He Lela...What part of Florida? I was baptised in West Palm Beach at, what is now the Christian Convention Center. Back then it was the Braves Training Center and called the "Leaky Teepee...Hahaha! We used to go there for the convention really early to make the lunches. I ALWAYS got stuck making Roast Beef Sandwiches I HATE roast beef sandwiches to this day!!!! I was soooooo happy when we started taking our own lunches.....What a big pressure taken off us locals!!!!

My Daughter, Gina, and my EX husband were baptised at the Ft Lauderdale Assembly Hall. Have you ever been there? It is so beautiful. I especially love the 3D art work on the walls. Absolutely amazing!!! And the have the baptism pool built in on the outside with a pretty pond in the back. Have you ever been there?

Lm

Hey LaRhonda, I live in Okeechobee Florida but the Conventions are held in West Palm Beach Convention Center. The same one that your talking about. As a young girl I remember when the lunches were supplied. .I have never been to Fort Lauderdale. I would love to see the 3D art.

He Lela...What part of Florida? I was baptised in West Palm Beach at, what is now the Christian Convention Center. Back then it was the Braves Training Center and called the "Leaky Teepee...Hahaha! We used to go there for the convention really early to make the lunches. I ALWAYS got stuck making Roast Beef Sandwiches I HATE roast beef sandwiches to this day!!!! I was soooooo happy when we started taking our own lunches.....What a big pressure taken off us locals!!!!

My Daughter, Gina, and my EX husband were baptised at the Ft Lauderdale Assembly Hall. Have you ever been there? It is so beautiful. I especially love the 3D art work on the walls. Absolutely amazing!!! And the have the baptism pool built in on the outside with a pretty pond in the back. Have you ever been there?

Lm

Oh Lela...I remember going to Okochobee with a friend looking for her fathers grave. That is absolutely the largest lake I have ever seen. I know the great lakes up Bob and Crystals way are bigger but I"ve never seen them. Okochobee looks like the ocean.....you cant see the other end. so beautiful!!!!!!

Hey Gloria.....I have heard of the cars now. I understand what you are talking about.....and I bet you WERE around back then, too....:lol1:

I'm born and raised in an area about 30 miles SE of the great Emerald City!! (That's Seattle for those not "in the know")

My wife and I became full time care givers of her mother who just moved in with us about 5 years ago. She's from Kerrville, which is about an hour out of San Antonio, TX....so we know a few brothers and sisters in the Kerrville cong, and my wife has been to the SA Assembly Hall and has pics of the sound car you speak of. I'll see if I can get them from her so I can post them.

hey stuart...i have friends that live in brisbane...at least last i heard they did! gwen and arin johnson...a couple of yrs ago they took about 6-9 months to travel around the world, staying with JWs along the way. they said young couples do that in their hall, altho thatz not normally done in the states..i know brisbane is big, but any chance that you know them?

Did you get to walk on the pier on the lake? Did you get to see the Kingdom Hall? Did your friend ever find her dad at the gravesite? I think there are 3 cemetary's here that I know of

Oh Lela...I remember going to Okochobee with a friend looking for her fathers grave. That is absolutely the largest lake I have ever seen. I know the great lakes up Bob and Crystals way are bigger but I"ve never seen them. Okochobee looks like the ocean.....you cant see the other end. so beautiful!!!!!!

Hey Gloria.....I have heard of the cars now. I understand what you are talking about.....and I bet you WERE around back then, too....:lol1:

@ LaRhonda - LOL I'll try to type in my best ocker accent for everyone :D

@ Bob - Thanks for the welcome, I have not had much time the past few weeks to do much, too many assignments due but after the last thing I submit today I have 8 weeks of glorious holidays.

@ Gloria - No, the name doesn't ring a bell, not surprising really, there are over 6,000 brothers in the greater Brisbane region (including the cities of Ipswich, Logan, the Gold Coast, and the Sunshine Coast) with most living in the more densely populated northern suburbs, I live on the southside and don't get out much (large, young family).

@ Gina - At the moment it is hot - we are having a hottish week, in the low 30s C (high 80s to low 90s F) with humidity up around 70% and higher but little rain to give us relief, fortunately our new landlord has given us ceiling insulation and an aircon so we aren't suffering. But other than that it is quite nice, I am also living in a suburb that is about 40 km from the city in one direction and the coast in the other direction, which gives us a lot of options.