JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tuesday, June 12 The little one will become a thousand and the small one a mighty nation.​—Isa. 60:22.

Tuesday, June 12

The little one will become a thousand and the small one a mighty nation.—Isa. 60:22.

Those prophetic words are undergoing fulfillment in these last days. Why, during the 2015 service year, 8,220,105 Kingdom publishers were active in the world field! The last part of that prophecy should affect all Christians personally, for our heavenly Father says: “I myself, Jehovah, will speed it up in its own time.” Like passengers in a vehicle gaining speed, we sense the increased momentum in the disciple-making work. How are we personally reacting to that acceleration? Are we doing all we can as zealous Kingdom publishers? Many brothers and sisters are applying to serve as regular or auxiliary pioneers. And do we not rejoice to see so many answer the call to serve where the need is greater or participate in other areas of theocratic activity? Whether we are brothers or sisters, we certainly have “plenty to do in the work of the Lord.”—1 Cor. 15:58. w16.08 3:1, 2

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

For me, having "plenty to do in the work of the Lord" is a valuable mindset as much as it is a call to action. Because of limited health I find it really easy to compare what I can DO, to either others, or my younger healthier self. Rather, its a case of Jehovah desiring to make the willing able, but not the able willing.

We know Jehovah knows our abilities, capabilities and circumstances. I know how much I love the depth of spirituality, the comments, and the enthusiasm for the truth those who perhaps cannot physically do all they wish they could. Its really quite amazing and wonderful that at any age, whatever we give wholesouled is of the same value to Jehovah. Be it a teenage auxiliary pioneer or a frail brother or sister who's single comment at a meeting encourages 100 to keep going.

We all can have a part in reacting to the acceleration of the disciple-making work. I️ am overjoyed to see the brothers and sisters that serve as regular or auxiliary pioneers. I️ am also overjoyed to see each individual doing their part based on their circumstances. We should never compare ourselves to others, but we should give Jehovah our best. We want to give him something to bless. We must also remember that the door to Jehovah’s organization is still open. There are more sheep to find.