JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

See and remember what Jehovah does for us...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2131 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This experience is from this week.

A sister in our group is a very loyal and hardworking (for Jehovah)  member of the congregation. Her hubby is not in the truth and is tolerant of her with the truth but very demanding of her and those around him.. Looks for broken 'rules' which other should abide by..etc

They live in a small complex for retired people and his attitude is divisive and disruptive. Doesn't know when to keep quiet; of course she gets the stick for his actions. Those in the complex had stopped talking to our sister, despite her genuinely friendly nature.. All she wants is some peace.

We invited her round to see us and  just listened whilst she poured out her heart. It was desperate :(

Wespoke about the things Jehovah has done for us in the past and as she is definitely loyal to Jehovah there is no way he can, or will, let this carry on. We asked her to stop trying to think of solutions and let Jehovah sort things out; she just needs to what she can. As far as she can.. 'be peaceable' to all around her. We ourselves have had times where we could not do anymore ourselves and literally threw it to Jehovah and had seen things in answer that you could not write in a book or think up! We said a prayer together and asked Jehovah to surprise her with a gift as she is so loyal to him and worse, his name is being besmirched. 

Next Day.. she is beaming.. It's started already! she said. Three of the worst offenders are talking to me normally as if nothing has happened! Hubby seems to be out of everyone's vicinity!

Today at the meeting she mentioned something that she'd kept to herself that was really hurting but has been happening over a long period (and so thought she just had to put up with) . Constant noise from the neighbor and their 'worse' visitors, to the apartment above them. They play their TV loud till 2-3 in the morning with QVC type commercial TV with the windows open and they can't sleep very well. There is also the strong smell of cannabis. They can't open their windows because of that. The complex manager is timid and of no use in helping the peace.

Well, she says to us, they upped last night and went with no warning...Gone!  'The peace is so strange' she says. It is taking time to stop listening out for it. I said we should  let the rest of Jehovah's gifts play out. I don't think he's finished yet!

Jehovah Does listen and IS a god of comfort!

Hallelujah, praise Jah!  The Almighty problem solver.  When will we learn to let him have all our problems so we can get on with his work.  😊

Thank you for this very encouraging story and love to those wonderful friends who are reminding her of Jehovah's promises.

There a scripture I wanted to mention to our sister but couldn't recall it at the time.. From unreliable memory.. Scripture that indicates Jehovah can change (Kings) hearts. I'd love to find it.. Seems relevant here :)

4 hours ago, Alan said:

There a scripture I wanted to mention to our sister but couldn't recall it at the time.. From unreliable memory.. Scripture that indicates Jehovah can change (Kings) hearts. I'd love to find it.. Seems relevant here :)

Maybe Prov 21:1 "A king’s heart is like streams of water in Jehovah’s hand. He directs it wherever He pleases".

I think Prov 16:7 say it even better

"When Jehovah is pleased with a man’s ways, He causes even his enemies to be at peace with him". 😉

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

5 hours ago, 2EVES said:

Maybe Prov 21:1 "A king’s heart is like streams of water in Jehovah’s hand. He directs it wherever He pleases".

I think Prov 16:7 say it even better

"When Jehovah is pleased with a man’s ways, He causes even his enemies to be at peace with him". 😉

It's not the one but it is as good... 

Thanks for your research!