JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ancestory Dot Com

The previus thread on this has been closed, I expect many more have received interesting devlopements in their ancestrial lineage. Hear is what I received from my daughters today.

Leslie received a hit from Ancestory.com from a cousin of one Ruby Dell Brown. This came up from DNA comparison on Ancestory.com.

Ruby Dell Brown was my lost and almost forgotten mother. She passed away in 2005 and of all places in Everette Washington a few blocks from where my other daughter Jerri Lauson lived. Jerri says she even worked that territory. 

My father would never discuss his first marriage, even forgetting that his wife Maryjean was not my birth mother. In our family it was pretty much that we did not speak until spoken to, and never ask a personal question. My Grandmother was a little more charitable on that topic, even telling me I had been in Ruby's presence on more than one occasion in Eureka. I had been adopted as an infant by my Aunt Mabel, the one with the glasses. Upon the breakup of her family my real father asked for my return and he and his wife, now both JWs adopted me back.

You may discern from the wedding photo that my mother is presenting a very large tummy. This marriage and photo were on October 14, 1938. I was born on October 27, 1938. I was in reality very premature and spent weeks in an incubator and then in special care for a couple of months. My mother did not wait around and I was abandoned as soon as she got out of the County Hospital. At that time my father could care less and was somewhere near Petrolia in Northern CA living a wild life.

Th I don't really know if I would have contacted Ruby when I was a teenager, I was fearful of family repercussions were I to do so. Finding an identical match in our DNA has my girls all excited. They have emailed my cousin, much removed, and are waiting for an answer.

From right to left: Barny Lytle, Ruby Brown Lytle (age 16), my aunt Lenore, Mabel Conley (at the time), and two of Mabel's friends whom I know but have forgotten the names. (It's coming back slowly, the one holding Mabel's arm was named Spray  _ _ _, very slowly.) The wedding was in Curry County Oregon, California required a three day waiting period at that time, and likely parental consent.

That is my Ancestory.com story, what is yours?

WEDDING.jpg

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Jerry, I have to sit down with this. I knew, of course, Barny and Maryjean. It’s like getting to know old friends again. But, like you, and for different reasons, my childhood was a difficult one. A therapist said, essentially, I raised myself. I have. Done ancestry. Com, and, to say  the least, it was interesting. I need more time and, mental clarity to get started talking about that. But, I will. We just got back fro the Salmon Festival in Klamath, then off to Eureka, to do a Costco run. And home..

And, I get to have a part in hospitality tomorrow, so, I need to get started on my chili. Busy, but, happy! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!