JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

40km (25 miles) Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge - Doing the whole thing in 12 hours and being unfit - Have I gone mad?

So I decided to complete the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge at the end of this month. 

I am doing it with a few friends and although I am used to a fair amount of walking I am really not very fit at the moment. I wanted to start hitting the gym starting beginning of September but then I fell sick and I am not sure if there is any point now.

The issue isn't so much the distance but the terraint. 

I have really good equipment and just recently done a small hike without any issues (well it was a bit steep at one point but it was worth the views). 

Some of my colleagues were unable to complete it last month (you have 12 hours) but one guy has knee issues and it was really warm in August which didn't help. 

On the other hand I know of a few (ahem.. slimmer) people who made it without even preparing. 

What do the more experienced hikers think - is it still worth preparing even if it is just two weeks to go? 

23 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

I'm wanting to ride the assault on mount Mitchell right next year. Training heavily for it now

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Sounds amazing! 

55.000 sounds do-able but time consuming.. lol.. but I think I should also do some intervall training on the treadmill at the gym with some incline. 

55k is doable. I've done 60k in a day but was exhausted the next day

Sounds amazing! 

55.000 sounds do-able but time consuming.. lol.. but I think I should also do some intervall training on the treadmill at the gym with some incline. 

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk