JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wednesday, September 19 If you have any word of encouragement for the people, tell it.​—Acts 13:15.

Wednesday, September 19

If you have any word of encouragement for the people, tell it.—Acts 13:15.

Encouragement is a power for good. “I have fought feelings of worthlessness for many years,” says Rubén. “But one time, I was preaching with an elder who realized that I was having a bad day. He listened with sympathy as I expressed my feelings. Then he reminded me of the good I was accomplishing. He also reminded me of Jesus’ words—that each of us is worth more than many sparrows. I often recall that scripture, and it still touches my heart. The elder’s words made a huge difference.” (Matt. 10:31) It should not surprise us that the Bible emphasizes the need for regular encouragement. The apostle Paul wrote to the Hebrew Christians: “Keep on encouraging one another each day, . . . so that none of you should become hardened by the deceptive power of sin.” (Heb. 3:13) You know how important the counsel to encourage one another is if you recall a time when words of encouragement lifted your spirits. w16.11 1:2, 3

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I'm finding harder and harder to feel encouraged in my day to day living - going to work with worldly people and living in a divided household is just so sapping.  There's just too much to bring us down in the world.  It is no wonder we feel refreshed and encouraged at our meetings.  No wonder we need to pull together more, now that these last days are close to finishing.  Jehovah knew we'd need each other.  Please stay kind to each other, friends. 💕