JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Monday, October 22 Throw your burden on Jehovah, and he will sustain you.​—Ps. 55:22.

Monday, October 22

Throw your burden on Jehovah, and he will sustain you.—Ps. 55:22.

When you are confronted by situations that cause uneasiness, apprehension, or anxiety, pour out your heart to your loving heavenly Father. After you have done all you can to solve a problem, heartfelt prayer will certainly accomplish more than worry. (Ps. 94:18, 19) As shown at Philippians 4:6, 7, Jehovah can respond to our earnest, heartfelt, and persistent supplications. How? By giving us inner calm that can free our mind and heart of disturbing emotions. Many can testify to this, based on their own experience. In place of anxiety, a distressing sense of foreboding, God helped them to gain a profound sense of peace and tranquillity that actually surpassed human understanding. That can be your experience too. Thus “the peace of God” can triumph over any challenge you may face. You can fully trust Jehovah’s compassionate promise: “Do not be anxious, for I am your God. I will fortify you, yes, I will help you.”—Isa. 41:10. w16.12 3:3, 4

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

As I lay in bed reading this mornings daily text, I am making a concentrated effort to spend more time focusing on all one scripture has to offer.  I looked at the first word throw and wondered why this  word was chosen.  it seemed obvious to require much more than a passing thought.  But I looked up the definition of throw and it was: 

Word forms: throws, throwing, threw, thrown. 1. transitive verb. When you throw an object that you are holding, you move your hand or arm quickly and let go of the object, so that it moves through the air.

what stood out was QUICKLY.  besides cast off, which I normally thought was the key aspect of this scripture, I now think quickly is the key.  Or both together.  We don’t want to hang on to what is holding us down, but quickly get rid of it.  I need to intensely pray at the start of a problem instead of trying to ignore it hoping it will go away. I tend to do this with so many things in my life.  I want to pretend things are great when really they are crumpling down around me.  I need to practice as a pitcher does and learn to throw my burdens on Jehovah. 

I love you Vernalee. I tend to thing this is our 5 minutes at the start of every day together! Thanks for your consistency in posting these.  

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I love you too Leslie, you have given me lots of encouragement over the years.

Love what you said today.👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Today’s text, meant so much to me. I have read that scripture many times. Due to my life being stressful for the past two years, I value this scripture so very much. I have definitely experienced the peace and calmness from Jehovah during some times when the emotional pain was overwhelming. So thankful to worship a loving God,Father and Friend. This organization is priceless.

Jehovah is my God,my, Father,my Friend