JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

THE DEVIL’S BEST TOOL

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4493 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

THE DEVIL’S BEST TOOL

It was announced that the Devil was going out of business and that he would offer all his tools for sale to whom ever would pay the price.

On the night of the sale, they were all attractively displayed and marked with a price, even so, they were a bad looking lot:

Malice, Hatred, Envy, Deceit, Jealousy and Sensuality and all the other implements of evil were spread out.

Apart from the rest, lay a harmless looking wedge shaped tool. Much worn and priced higher than any of the others. Someone asked the Devil, “What is that?”

That is “DISCOURAGEMENT”, THE DEVIL REPLIED!

“But why do you have it priced so high?”, the prospective purchaser inquired.

BECAUSE SAID THE DEVIL; “ It is more useful to me than any of the others. I can pry open and get inside a man’s soul with it. I can do this when I can not get near him with any of the other tools I possess.. Once I get inside his mind with discouragement, I can use him in whatever way suits me best. The reason this tool is so worn, is that I can use it with nearly everyone. So, very few know that it belongs to me!

It hardly needs to be added, that the Devil’s price was so high for discouragement that it was never sold. He still owns it and uses it today!