JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another Kingdom Hall fire in San Diego

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4490 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

71698=3994-churchfirearson.jpg The numbers 666 were spray painted along the outside congregation walls.Investigators believe an early morning fire at the Jehovah's Witness congregation hall in University Heights was caused by arson. An elder in the congregation says it's being considered a hate crime. The numbers on the wall and the sign say it all -- a member of the Jehovah's witnesses say numbers 666 spray painted on the wall and the door make it a hate crime. Investigators have posted a sign saying that this fire was set by arson. Firefighters arrived on scene shortly after midnight after a man called 911 to report the blaze.They say the back room of the hall was heavily involved in flames, but the fire was put out in 15 minutes. To get to fire, officials say they had to force one door open -- even though another door may have already been broken into. There was smoke damage to the main hall, but officials say there was no damage to the walls or the roof. An elder in the Jehovah's Witness congregation couldn't believe hearing the news early this morning. Firefighters were at the church a little over a week ago by a small fire broke out inside the hall. That incident was also reported around midnight and it is not confirmed whether or not the two fires are related. http://www.cbs8.com/story/16417179/second-fire-at-jehovahs-witness-kingdom-hall

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

Do you attend this KH? I am so sorry to hear about it. I am inclined to think it is the same person, they just did not get their way the first time. Did any camaras get any good pictures of the suspect? We had some tire slashing and some disturbances at a KH in Tulsa. My brotherinlaw was the foreman on the jury. It was very embrassing to hear him talk about the trial afterwards because it was a disfellowshipped brother with some mental problems who did it. My brother in law was very nice though after we had a conversation and we talked about Judas turning on Jesus---and the prime example Satan on Jehovah.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

No, we don't attend this one. We're probably about 15 minutes away from there. Yes, I tend to agree with you. We don't know all the details, and they haven't caught anyone yet, but I'm thinking it may be someone with 'an axe to grind' and/or perhaps a mentally deranged person. It's sad because the RBC had already started to make repairs after the initial fire last week. A friend in our congregation told me about it, and went there to help. So now they'll have even more work to do.

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

It is very sad news about the hall, but we can truly be thankful that no one was injured. Items can be rebuilt and man can destroy them but no one can destroy our love for Jehovah and all that he provides when we put our trust in him and do his will he alone can protect us. I wish that I were closer to assist but my love and prayers are always with my brothers and sistuers.