JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Back to Eden film

NW2020

Hubby and I watched this film last week (the film is online).  This is a no till method ... we are definitely intrigued!   Granted this is a “takes time” method ... and the fellow, Paul Gautschi, whose garden and technique is being documented, is a strong believer of his Bible ...  I really appreciated his enthusiasm.   His farm is in Washington state USA ... but his technique has a following around the world ... Film is worth a watch and a good listen 😀

That sounds a really interesting Jenny,  is it on Netflix or you tube? 

I'm seriously considering this way,  but I'm not sure that I can start of that way into earth that has so many thorns and weeds? 

Many years ago I rotavated a garden and it made the earth look nice, but it chopped up all the worms and knocked out all of the goodness!  Also because the earth had been moved so much... far more weeds grew back 🙈

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

We found it on YouTube ...  type in “how to grow a vegetable garden - Back to Eden organic vegetable gardening film

there are lots of other YouTube’s where he does some interviews ... in addition to naysayers or those with “click bait” titles ... this is not a method for large commercial farms but this does appeal to the home gardener yearning for rewards for their efforts.

It definitely has promise ... He (Paul) spoke of the many many years of the same back breaking efforts in vain ... 

I look forward to hearing your thoughts 😀

Thanks, I'll look that up today. 

I actually managed to hurt my back last week,  I've never had a bad back before.. so I'm nursing it a bit until its completely better. 

I love the idea of not disturbing the soil too much.. I'm also going to put some lazy beds in for potatoes they always work well.

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Oh so very sorry to hear about your back! 

Giving it the right rest ~ this is a good time to catch up on all those things that normally we don't have the time for … ie those informational YouTubes.  Just so I can be sure I am "productive" with my "down time" I like to keep a list of topics I want to know more about and try to find reliable sources of information.  I think I now know how to espalier fruit trees.  We are excited about working on our garden! 

• 1 month later...

I stumbled upon Back to Eden also... so we bought a cheap woodchipper and have been chipping up small branches from a tree in the yard. I no longer detest that tree. At least it's good for something now!  One year I put the chips in a barrel and forgot about them. They turned into luscious compost!