JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Traveling Friends Thread

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1885 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

My daughter (who's a Regular Pioneer) made a new friend in Puerto Rico a few months back, and this young pioneer sister is coming to visit for 3 weeks. We will be driving to Atlanta, GA to pick her up from the airport  and then we are traveling up to Fishkill for the first week of April.

Like most of her trips, this is 95% spontaneous, so no reservations, etc. And a limited budget. My daughter feels that Fishkill is a central location where we can more easily travel to the Bethel, Warwick, Patterson, Walkill, centers etc.

My question to all of you is: what are some suggestions on inexpensive places to stay in or near Fishkill? We are checking online, also. I just thought some of you might have some really great ideas.

Thanks!!

Edited by JudyO

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)

Well this is 40 minutes east of Fishkill, but I stayed at the Harvest Inn in Pine Bush, NY, just down the street from Walkill Bethel....

https://www.harvest-inn.com/

That was back in 2004. Looks like the current rates range from $90 to $130 per night from what I saw with a quick glance.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

The elders have a recommended hotel list for hotels in the upstate NY area. Ask your congregation secretary. There are several in Fishkill. We stayed at a Quality Inn in Fishkill a few years ago and it was very reasonable. The last time we visited Bethel, we went with a group of friends and family. We rented a house near Patterson through Home Away's website. There are several houses owned by brothers that are rented through VRBO, Home Away and Air Bnb. Enjoy your trip to Bethel!