JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tuesday, April 9 ~ From infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation.​—2 Tim. 3:15.

Tuesday, April 9

From infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation.—2 Tim. 3:15.

Thousands of Bible students make their dedication to Jehovah and get baptized. Many are young people who have been raised in the truth and who have chosen the best way of life. (Ps. 1:1-3) If you are a Christian parent, you no doubt look forward to the day when your son or daughter will get baptized. (Compare 3 John 4.) As a Christian parent, you want your child to know the holy writings, which today include the Hebrew Scriptures as well as the Christian Greek Scriptures. Depending on their ability, even very young children can gain a basic education about the people and events of the Bible. Jehovah’s organization has provided a number of tools that parents can use to help their children. Remember, knowledge of the Scriptures is the foundation on which a strong relationship with Jehovah is built. w17.12 18 ¶1; 19 ¶4

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

“When our boy was about one I began telling him bedtime Bible stories, related in an enlarged, colorful way to make a vivid impression. As soon as he began to talk in his second year we would kneel by his bedside and I would have him repeat after me, phrase by phrase, the ‘Lord’s Prayer.’ . . . When he was three I began to have a regular Bible study with him . . . He would follow in his book, verbally repeating the words after me. He thus came to pronounce words well and learned to enunciate clearly even the big words. . . . To aid in making Bible truths sink deeply into his heart, when he was three we began to have him memorize simple Bible texts. By the time he entered kindergarten he knew about thirty texts, and last September when he started the first grade he had memorized seventy scriptures. . . . Before our boy goes to bed I have him repeat some of his scriptures. Likewise when he gets up in the morning he often recites a few Bible texts as part of his greetings for the day.” W88 8/1

70 scriptures, hey? ...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)