JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How the love of a child led to a Bible collection for the ages

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1801 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

LaSalle University is home to some of the rarest Bibles in the world

Carroll - Susan Dunleavy Collection of Biblical Literature at La

“There is some irony in the survival," said Baky. "That is to say a fair number of early printed works were not necessarily important, or even valuable, though all would have been pretty scarce and limited in number because the printing process was in its infancy, it was costly to do, and general illiteracy was extremely high. 

That's neat. I love collecting bibles myself, and have quite a library of various translations. I'll also snag up an old one whenever I can. There's a used bookstore near me that gets such items from estate sales and the like. I pop in every once in a while to check out what older religious fare might be interesting for me.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!