JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4476 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Here is a poem I wrote a little while ago when I was thinking about the power of words.

W o r d s

Words - powerful tools

... We all possess

Words - tools for healing

Or distress

Words can make us laugh

Words can make us sigh

Can make us skip for joy

Can make us sad and cry

Words can build a wall between

The ones we love so dear

Words can hurt and can cut deep

Can fill our hearts with fear

Miracles words can perform

Make stricken hearts rejoice

Inspire those deeply depressed

With joy to raise their voice

To lowly ones let’s comfort bring

With winsome words just right

With the power of the tongue

They can see the future bright

Heed the way we use a word

With tenderness and care

To heal the broken-hearted

With love dispel despair

Jehovah gave the gift of words

To convey what’s in our heart

Will we use it in his work

His message to impart?

With words we praise Jehovah

And magnify his name

From now to all eternity

His glory they proclaim

© Inge

Lovely Inge! I will share this in our car group on Monday. We have made a pact to ONLY speak of spiritual things while we our in service that day. I love Mondays! While everyone else seems to hate Mondays I look forward to them all week. It is our marathin day each week. We start usualyy at 8 am and do parking lot and a few laundryomats--and a cofee shop or two. Then we meet at the KH for field service. Then it is off to work terrirtory, rural and city, return calls and just starting to do some business. Then we trade houses each week and fix dinner and have our "family worship" all single sisters---then we play cards or games. Usually a 12-13 hr day. Other days we may speak about things of a social nature but Marathon Monday is devoted solely to Kingdom service. At first we had to keep redirectng each other but now it is easy to stay focused. We even take turns in our car group to do our weekly Bible reading and prepare our comments for meeting night. Did I say I love Mondays?

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!