JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Can you freeze scrambled eggs?

I have a helpful hint question....anyone....

Can you make ahead scrambled eggs and freeze them?

Or boil them and freeze them?Will they be OK thawed and heated?

I have never frozen eggs before so I can't help.

I have prepared an egg casserole dish for breakfast the night before, I usually have done this on dist conventions so I don't have to make breakfast in the morning. I prepare it, put it in the fridge, then in morning I take it out to bake. They consist of beating the eggs, put them in a glass dish, put ham, sausage, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, whatever you want really. I cover it while it sits overnight in the fridge, then in morning I take it out, pop it in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.

I have prepared an egg casserole dish for breakfast the night before, I usually have done this on dist conventions so I don't have to make breakfast in the morning. I prepare it, put it in the fridge, then in morning I take it out to bake. They consist of beating the eggs, put them in a glass dish, put ham, sausage, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, whatever you want really. I cover it while it sits overnight in the fridge, then in morning I take it out, pop it in the oven and bake for 45 minutes.

That sounds good...I could use veggiepatch meat for it.Do you use cheese?

That sounds good...I could use veggiepatch meat for it.Do you use cheese?

I put the cheese on at the end after the eggs have gelled together. Is that the right word, gelled, lol.

It tastes like an omelet. Just baked in the oven rather then on the stove top. It's good and filling. And you can put whatever you want in it, that is what is great about it.

During dist convention, it's awesome. I put it in, take my shower and get ready, then it's done and we eat before we head out.

Nancy--You can scramble your eggs with just one tsp of water to each 2 eggs used. I have only done this for breakfast burritoes and they turn out great. I usually sautee bell peppers, jalenpenos and onions then add eggs salt and pepper. If you use milk in place of water it tends to make the eggs tough and have a funny texture. Wrap your egg misture in flour tortialls and then I wrap them in the dry wax paper squares and press all the air out very well. Then wrap in foil--again removing as much air as possible. To cook romove from freezer, remove foil and wax wrap then wrap in paper towel and mcirowave for 60 secs then let set a minute or two then zap another 6o seconds. These are great for kids (and husbands) when you are gone for a few days or we do this for our conventions. I have never had them frozen for more than 2 weeks but you can buy frozen egg burritoes and they are good for several months. Nothing lasts that long at our house.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Nancy--You can scramble your eggs with just one tsp of water to each 2 eggs used. I have only done this for breakfast burritoes and they turn out great. I usually sautee bell peppers, jalenpenos and onions then add eggs salt and pepper. If you use milk in place of water it tends to make the eggs tough and have a funny texture. Wrap your egg misture in flour tortialls and then I wrap them in the dry wax paper squares and press all the air out very well. Then wrap in foil--again removing as much air as possible. To cook romove from freezer, remove foil and wax wrap then wrap in paper towel and mcirowave for 60 secs then let set a minute or two then zap another 6o seconds. These are great for kids (and husbands) when you are gone for a few days or we do this for our conventions. I have never had them frozen for more than 2 weeks but you can buy frozen egg burritoes and they are good for several months. Nothing lasts that long at our house.

I will definately make this....thanks Leslie.

Ditto for me, minus the jalapenos! I have a great French Toast Casserole you make in the crock-pot overnight. Wow, it is soooooo good! I will have to dig it up and post it! My kids get brownie bites or mini-muffins for breakfast at the Assemblies or Conventions, I am so ashamed........ :blushing:

Ditto for me, minus the jalapenos! I have a great French Toast Casserole you make in the crock-pot overnight. Wow, it is soooooo good! I will have to dig it up and post it! My kids get brownie bites or mini-muffins for breakfast at the Assemblies or Conventions, I am so ashamed........ :blushing:

Don't feel bad. I make a big breakfast because lunch is soooo far away at the dist convention and if my kids are hungry, they are crabby, lol.

Don't feel bad. I make a big breakfast because lunch is soooo far away at the dist convention and if my kids are hungry, they are crabby, lol.

My girls know they get Brownie Bites, Chocolate Milk and I always bring them a banana each. That way, if they are still hungry, the banana will usually fill em up good! Plus, they like the chocolate milk and banana together.!