JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Whose Fault Is It?

The first man, Adam, started the trend, who said to God, after he sinned:

“It was “the woman whom you gave to be with me, she gave it to me, so I ate from the tree.

In effect, he was saying: “It is not my fault!” Of the first woman, Eve, the story she bought.

It was the same when to God she said “The serpent deceived me; so I ate instead!”

Thus, the stage was set in the garden for refusing responsibility there would be no pardon.

Have you ever been guilty of this; when problems come up, you quickly dismiss?

Do you blame others; analyze whose fault?

It is easy to fall into the trap --- of blaming others for our misstep.

Mistakes you say, “It is not my fault!” It’s the economy; what crooked people brought;

the excessive high cost of living,” some say of their misgivings.

Are these factors really to blame as conditions uncertain remain; business ventures to speculate;

swimming in unknown waters? Greed overshadowing objectivity, becoming easy prey,

forgetting the adage, “…too good to be true,” benefitting from the hardships of the day.

Of the sharks; some shop for advice. They want to hear when hardships arise.

Always looking for someone else’s shame, sometimes even where we pray.

Phony schemes, real-estate dealings, and non-existent things; blurred bible warnings, what a desire for wealth brings;

stabs us all over with many pains. Mammon leads to temptation and snare, undisciplined spending, financial impair.

O, but to have the latest fashion magazines, expensive vacations, fancy restaurants and things.

The latest adult “toys”— vehicles, boats, cameras, and stereo’s, of course.

Those in a hurry to have them may find ... heavily indebtedness, ignoring sound advice.

Whose fault is it? “It is God’s will; blame it on the Devil,” the ultimate excuse for our own failures.

Living life recklessly, assuming God will save, out of your rash decisions is what you must brave.

Never ‘counting the cost,’ blaming Satan for the failure; my “God will intervene,” though presumptuous and contrary to scripture.

Becoming fool hearty, never take responsibility, like followers of astrology, against all reality.

Jesus replied: “It is written, ‘You must not put Jehovah your God to the test.’”

Beyond their control they somehow become smitten, but because they overlook the simple that causes them to weep,

God states that “whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap.”