JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Alcatraz

Hi Lynnette---My sister and I went with two spiritual sisters to visit LA last May. Neither had ever been to CA and wanted to do the whole tourist scene. One of the sisters works for a criminal attorney. We all were fans of CSI, even news shows 48 Hours Murder Mystery and enjoyed watching the detective shows about crime soloving and real life court dramas. When we went to LA we decided we would do the tour bus guide about the Sharon Tate /Charles Manson murder. I have never been able to watch any of those shows since then. That tour guide personalized it so much for me that I felt ashamed to have been on the bus. Just seeing the autopsey reports, listending to the news clips from the time of those world famous murders, and seeing pictures of the trial. and evidence then driving through the neighborhood and hearing it unfold starting with the night before the actual murders and hearing eyewitness testimony was too much. It still has greatly efected me even to this day. I just can not bear to watch any of it anymore. I thought I could always identify with the families in those shows but after that I realive it was still not personal to me. I will email you several things that were commented on during that tour because I do not want to post them here in case someone may have known someone from that time or had involvement with any of it--not the killing but as a family member or friend. Too much pain.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

AVA: The sad part? He doesn't watch movies, tv shows, sit-coms.... he watches the Weather Channel constantly, no volume, and breaks it up with DIY Network and American Idol. THAT'S IT! I think he secretly wants to be a meteorologist! He watches Weather Channel for hours and hours and hours..... never Hears any of it!

If we did' date=' I would save $100 a month on Dish Network![/quote']

Ha... I used to work for Dish Network. I was customer service/tech support. I actually miss it, because I loved the stories fed to me to avoid paying a bill or to avoid shutoff.

I remember a guy calling me from Las Vegas :whistling: after we gave him a 10 day extension, max allowed, asking for another day since they had a bad snowstorm going on. I kept telling him that was not an option, and he cussed me out. He asked me, "Is it worth me risking my life to go out and pay a bill?" I asked him, "What happened with the other 65 days that we gave him to pay the bill even the past due ammount?" He accused me of being a smart one. Then asked for another day. I asked for his reason, he said because he was in a massive snowstorm and couldn't get out. I told him to give me a second and let me see what I can do. What I was doing was going to our internet and looking at weather.com, put in his address, and then advised him that it was really sunny and 50 some degrees. Told him to pay the bill that day or be shut off, anything else? ::CLICK:: lol... Well, later that day I checked his account and noticed 2 things, he called again and gave a different story to another supervisor, that someone in his family died. That sup asked if they died in the snowstorm that he called earlier. The guy paid the bill right there with the supervisor. LOL!!!!!!

Sorry for being :offtopic:

If we did' date=' I would save $100 a month on Dish Network![/quote']

Ha... I used to work for Dish Network. I was customer service/tech support. I actually miss it, because I loved the stories fed to me to avoid paying a bill or to avoid shutoff.

I remember a guy calling me from Las Vegas :whistling: after we gave him a 10 day extension, max allowed, asking for another day since they had a bad snowstorm going on. I kept telling him that was not an option, and he cussed me out. He asked me, "Is it worth me risking my life to go out and pay a bill?" I asked him, "What happened with the other 65 days that we gave him to pay the bill even the past due ammount?" He accused me of being a smart one. Then asked for another day. I asked for his reason, he said because he was in a massive snowstorm and couldn't get out. I told him to give me a second and let me see what I can do. What I was doing was going to our internet and looking at weather.com, put in his address, and then advised him that it was really sunny and 50 some degrees. Told him to pay the bill that day or be shut off, anything else? ::CLICK:: lol... Well, later that day I checked his account and noticed 2 things, he called again and gave a different story to another supervisor, that someone in his family died. That sup asked if they died in the snowstorm that he called earlier. The guy paid the bill right there with the supervisor. LOL!!!!

Sorry for being :offtopic:

LOL! Enjoyed the story. I worked at the largest Senior Independent Apt. Complex for almost 10 years. I did Accounts Receivable / Evictions! You do not even want to know some of the stories I heard and some of the threats. Even in front of the Bailiff and the Judge! lol!