JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

RBC Training Day

So today I was at the very first RBC training day to be held in Ireland!! it was AMAZING!! there was about 370/400 people there and we were given the use of a large warehouse for free in return for some work being done on it (painting etc). I've just been transfered to the plumbing team and it was a brilliant day, we had a few talks in the morning and then went on to some practical training in the afternoon (how to install new toilets etc etc). Looking at our calender for the coming year we have a build or training day of some kind every month for the next year!! There are to be 4 training days in the year in total. Also we had some brothers from the UK RBC come over to visit us too as they are currently training our RBC on new procedures and we have got some new teams that we didn't have before. I thought the brothers did very well also in planning on where in Ireland to hold the training day, they decieded on a town called Portlaoise in the middle of Ireland which as Ireland has just 1 team it meant that no one had to travel more than 3 and a half hrs (it took us that long from deepest darkest west cork - although we went up the night before).

Has anyone else had one of these training days?

Jehovah is definately training us for the new system now, it was amazing! The builds are no longer called "quick builds" but are now being called "quality builds" and will take place over about 2 weeks, with the emphasis now being on training. We were told several times that the kingdom halls we build are just by-products of our training, so that when the new system arrives there will be teams in place that can begin to turn the "blank canvas" into a worldful beautiful place to live and worship Jehovah in. The place was absolutely buzzing yesterday, especially as the young ones were allowed to come!! they were given one of the rooms upstairs where they were able to look down on us in the main warehouse and they are to be trainined in Google Sketch Up (I think thats what its called......not quite sure what it is yet though?) but from now on they are once again allowed on site, although they will be in a special area and won't be allowed access to the main builds due to safety etc. it was so lovely though to see them there!!

One of the new teams just set up is a Media and Archive Team, they spent the day going round interviewing people and taking pictures and film, also we were encouraged to go and get our photo's taken (funny one and serious one) so that the day could be catalogued and used to produce our new training manuals. What was also lovely was that they showed a short film at lunch time, showing news footage from the very fist build in Ireland in the early 80's and then film from the latest one in Cork!! :squeeze:

Jehovah is definately training us for the new system now, it was amazing! The builds are no longer called "quick builds" but are now being called "quality builds" and will take place over about 2 weeks, with the emphasis now being on training. We were told several times that the kingdom halls we build are just by-products of our training, so that when the new system arrives there will be teams in place that can begin to turn the "blank canvas" into a worldful beautiful place to live and worship Jehovah in. The place was absolutely buzzing yesterday, especially as the young ones were allowed to come!! they were given one of the rooms upstairs where they were able to look down on us in the main warehouse and they are to be trainined in Google Sketch Up (I think thats what its called......not quite sure what it is yet though?) but from now on they are once again allowed on site, although they will be in a special area and won't be allowed access to the main builds due to safety etc. it was so lovely though to see them there!!

One of the new teams just set up is a Media and Archive Team, they spent the day going round interviewing people and taking pictures and film, also we were encouraged to go and get our photo's taken (funny one and serious one) so that the day could be catalogued and used to produce our new training manuals. What was also lovely was that they showed a short film at lunch time, showing news footage from the very fist build in Ireland in the early 80's and then film from the latest one in Cork!! :squeeze:

We built our new hall during the end of 2010 through the beginning of 2011. It took about 6 months. We didn't have training days though. The RBC came in and did the work, and my congregation helped out with assignments. Kids 13 and under were not allowed to help with the build due to safety and legal issues in the US. They were allowed to work in the food area and do landscaping, but the actual build they could not go in. We had a wonderful time building our new hall and it is just beautiful and sooooo big and roomy.

I'm glad your enjoying your lovely new hall, must have been amazing for your congregation to watch it go up! I think the training days are a new thing (this was the first one to be held in Ireland) and are to be held seperate to the actual builds. The children that were allowed onsite were over 13 i think......although i'm not entirely sure as i think i saw one or two that looked more like 10, but they had to be accompanied by an adult or a guardian. I'm looking forward to the next training day or build deepending on what i get invited too next! :bouncing: