JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I Shall Not Set In Front Of My Eyes Any Good-For-Nothing Thing

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4456 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

taken from Psalm 101

About loving-kindness and judgment I will sing.

I will make melody to you, O Jehovah, my King.

In a faultless way I will act discreet

When, O God, will you come to me?

For I shall not set in front of my eyes any good-for-nothing thing.

The one walking in a faultless way… he it is who will minister to me.

Nothing bad do I know… I silence anyone slandering his companion in secrecy

Inside my own house I shall walk about in my integrity…with moral character and honesty

The doing of those who fall away… I have hated the things causing them to depart

Of him I cannot endure… anyone of haughty eyes and of arrogant heart.

It does not cling to me… this crooked heart I despise

That they may dwell with me… upon the faithful ones of the earth are my eyes

Inside my house will dwell no worker of trickiness… I will cut off all practicers of hurtfulness

And every morning, I shall silence all the wickedness

Let not anyone speaking lies be established before my eyes… for they cause great outcries.

So, I shall not set in front of my eyes any good-for-nothing thing.

Nothing that could upset my brothers or my glorious king.

Of entertainment that promotes materialism… I refuse to have as a guest

That which features the occult, violence, bloodshed and what brings about death.

Because we are selective about what to allow as our proclivity

How encouraging Brother Ed! It is for our benefit to remember that whatever can damage our clean conscience and our relationship with Jehovah is for us a "Good-for-nothing-thing". That would include any temptation that appeals to our "eyes" and threatens to seduce our "heart" into wrongdoings. W11 7/15 13