JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Any Recommendations on an LCD HDTV?

Best Buy is offering their house brand, Insignia, for a steal! Their 32" is loaded with features and is selling for $349.00 and comes with a 2 year warranty.

However, there is also a good price going on right now for a Sony Bravia. They have a 32" with similar features, normally $479.00, going for $399.00

The Sony has some great reviews, and I think it will be worth the extra $50 for a name brand.

- Bob

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project

One of the sites I use when thinking of purchasing electronic items is cnet reviews. So far I've not been steered wrong on an Acer laptop, an Olympus camera and a few other gadgets. My Acer laptop (after 5/6 years of continuous usage --- sometimes an entire 8 hour day between my entire family) has been an absolute gem, and the camera takes spectacular photos -- (I'll have to post the pictures of a bee crawling around in a flower for you to truly appreciate the detail this camera takes......you can see the HAIRS on the bees legs!!!)

Unfortunately I didn't read the reviews on one of the PDA's I purchased - otherwise I wouldn't have bought the piece of crap! Could have saved myself $500.00!!!

So....there's my recommendation :P --- Go visit cnet reviews!!!!

S.

PLASMA PLASMA PLASMA! period.

Interesting. My brother bought a giant plasma TV and then cried about the purchase constantly saying that he wished he went the the LCD. He eventually got rid of it about a year and a half later and got himself an LCD.

For him, it had something to do with reflective light, and having to be sitting directly in front of the screen because sitting to the sides made it difficult to see the picture. I don't remember exactly.

For me, this is my first step into the flat panel HD world, so every TV available looks impressive to me compared to my 20 year old 27" tube television that weighs as much as my car :P

I decided on the Sony Bravia a few days ago and am enjoying every minute of it.

- Bob

CarnivoreTalk.com - my health coaching website. youtube.png/@CarnivoreTalk - My latest YouTube project