JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Audio Bible—Book of Exodus Now Available Online

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1438 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I didn't know that the book of Genesis was already on audio.

The Bible audio availability plan appears to be that Bible audio is ready several weeks prior to midweek meeting Bible reading schedule...the change took place a couple of years ago. They were converting to audio the latter books of Hebrew Scriptures and Christian Greek simultaneously at one time is my recollection...poor recollection...

Last week I went to my hair stylist who lived down the road. She is a bit hard of hearing but doesn't wear a hearing aid. Ever since the partial lock down (MCO) on March 18, she hasn't been able to accept customers. It is only from May 4 that the government had relaxed the restrictions on CMCO (Conditional Movement Control Order) and she was able to offer hair trims. No perms, hair dyeing or any other services. I heard from my husband even the barber shops have not opened.

Anyway I played the dramatic reading about Joseph while having my hair trimmed.

https://www.jw.org/en/library/dramatic-bible-readings/jehovah-kept-showing-loyal-love/  (on the app, no intro)

Lily belongs to the Full Gospel Assembly Church, a megachurch. Once her friend had asked her to follow along to the Kingdom Hall to attend the Sign Language meeting. She was quite taken up by that one session. She didn't go back again because she was scared of being reprimanded by her pastors. 

Well, Lily managed to listen to a bit of that passage in the national language while trimming my hair. So I'm real thrilled to share with her the Exodus audio book. She does attend the English session at her church so I don't think it should be too difficult for her. With her reduced workload, I hope Lily will find more time using the JW app. Last month I tried to interest her in the sign language videos but she hasn't shown much interest. 

Brother Perez, thanks for the heads up.

Edited by M'Awan

grammar mistakes

1 hour ago, Tbs77 said:

I didn't know that the book of Genesis was already on audio.

The Bible audio availability plan appears to be that Bible audio is ready several weeks prior to midweek meeting Bible reading schedule...the change took place a couple of years ago. They were converting to audio the latter books of Hebrew Scriptures and Christian Greek simultaneously at one time is my recollection...poor recollection...emoji6.png

The audio files are made available a few weeks before we consider the book of the bible at the midweek meeting.

Miriam, Aaron and Moses all have Australian accents.

The audio files are made available a few weeks before we consider the book of the bible at the midweek meeting.

Miriam, Aaron and Moses all have Australian accents.

My Tapatalk screwed up quoting the OP (Original Post)

Thanks....